Adult Tricycles

Old October 10th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
vey

Default Adult Tricycles

!Jones wrote:
I'm considering a tricycle for a handicapped adult in my life. I've
been looking on eBay at the various options and have some vague idea
of the market. I'd want to go with the widest wheelbase option...
most are 29" or so such that they fit through standard doors. That
seems narrow to me. I'd give up doors for stability.

Does anyone have any experience with balance-impared adults and
tricycles? Any suggestions or advice?

Jones

Try this company:
http://www.trailmate.com/specialNeeds.cfm

I think they only make tricycles and they are made in USA. They are
built low for stability.
Old October 18th 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DougC

DougC wrote:
A Muzi wrote:

Yes, that's all true.
Your comments perhaps lend new meaning to the Holdsworth Tricycle
Conversion ad slogan, "Ideal for Spastics":
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfr...st/HWTRIKE.JPG

from:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/holdsw.html

Does anyplace make a kit like this now for 26" wheel external/multispeed
bikes? I'd love to try one out on a recumbent bike I have.

I have seen that lowrider places sell trike rear-end kits and they are
available with 26" wheels, but they are all only for single-speed rear
hubs.
~

And so it goes - 925 Euros, or about $1316 USD.

http://www.altena-bike.nl/index.php?id=241

I was hoping form something priced like an /accessory/ for a bicycle,
not like a whole 'nother bicycle.
Oh well.
~

Adult tricycles for carrying kids [email protected] General 5 April 21st 06 11:46 AM
Tricycles - some questions Dukes909 General 15 November 10th 05 05:14 AM
Adult Tricycle Marns Australia 7 October 17th 05 12:38 PM
Collective noun for tricycles Richard Bates UK 8 June 30th 04 07:58 PM