Yet more pavement cycling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 4th 11, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Default Yet more pavement cycling

On 04/09/2011 07:51, Doug wrote:
On Saturday, September 3, 2011 12:39:20 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sep 3, 5:39 am, Peter wrote:
which I find strange. In my experience bicycling on the footpath is much
more dangerous also for the bicyclist than bicycling on the road.

Same here - even if it was legal to do so, I'd never cycle on the
pavement as it is too slow and there are too many give way points.

Agreed but surely some people cycle on the pavements because they consider the roads and its drivers too dangerous and therefore are prepared to put up with the many inconveniences of pavement cycling?

Yes, and bugger the inconveniences to pedestrians.

Personally I disagree with them because pavement motoring also represents a danger to cyclists. Because of their vulnerability cyclists have to make difficult choices in an inequitable situation where drivers can kill them but they can't kill drivers.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to drive a car.

Lack of any mention of pedestrians in your post noted.

It's cyclists like you, who obviously do not care about pedestrians,
( you did not mention them at all in your anti care rant) that give
cycling a bad name

Pavement cycling Marie UK 0 September 19th 10 10:33 AM
Pavement cycling Marie UK 18 August 10th 10 06:55 PM
Cycling on the pavement PeterG UK 25 August 31st 09 07:49 PM
Cycling on the pavement Judith M Smith UK 2 August 30th 09 08:19 PM
Safety:- Cycling on the pavement v cycling on the road. soup UK 20 April 8th 07 12:00 PM