Yet more pavement cycling

Old September 6th 11, 07:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Yet more pavement cycling

On Sep 6, 1:19*am, Peter Keller wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 02:32:19 -0700, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sep 5, 12:00*am, Peter Keller wrote:

I don't need my name to be in bold. *I am only a bicyclist who uses my
great form of transport for most off my in-town and close-town
transport needs. and for beautiful wind-in-hair recreation.

How do you manage to feel the wind in your hair? I thought you had to
wear a magic hat where you live?

Yes we do. *However exemptions are possible.
I have one. *So I have had many amiable conversations with the police
down the years.

Well done - I'm impressed that your police show some common sense.

--
Simon Mason
Old September 6th 11, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 00:19:44 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 02:32:19 -0700, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sep 5, 12:00*am, Peter Keller wrote:

I don't need my name to be in bold. *I am only a bicyclist who uses my
great form of transport for most off my in-town and close-town
transport needs. and for beautiful wind-in-hair recreation.

How do you manage to feel the wind in your hair? I thought you had to
wear a magic hat where you live?

Yes we do. However exemptions are possible.
I have one.

Exemptions are possible on grounds of:
* religious beliefs
* physical disability
* medical conditions and other such reasonable grounds.

(The New Zealand Transport Agency)

Is having no balls classed as a suitable physical disability?

On the other hand I suppose it is difficult to wear a helmet if your head is
stuck up your arse.

Which one was it?
Old September 6th 11, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On Sep 5, 12:00 am, Peter wrote:

I don't need my name to be in bold. I am only a bicyclist who uses my
great form of transport for most off my in-town and close-town
transport needs. and for beautiful wind-in-hair recreation.

How do you manage to feel the wind in your hair? I thought you had to
wear a magic hat where you live?

Yes we do. However exemptions are possible.
I have one.

Exemptions are possible on grounds of:
* religious beliefs
* physical disability
* medical conditions and other such reasonable grounds.

(The New Zealand Transport Agency)

Is having no balls classed as a suitable physical disability?

On the other hand I suppose it is difficult to wear a helmet if your head is
stuck up your arse.

Which one was it?

Most cyclists would have trouble with their halo.

University
Old September 7th 11, 02:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:18:26 +0100, Judith wrote:

Is having no balls classed as a suitable physical disability?

Thank you very much kind lady for your great accolade. I am now working
on improvements to get the honours of hypocritical, greedy, violent,
malevolent, vengeful, cowardly,
deadly, mendacious, meretricious, loathsome, despicable, belligerent,
opportunistic, barratrous, contemptible, criminal, fascistic, bigoted,
racist, sexist, avaricious, tasteless, idiotic, brain-damaged, imbecilic,
insane, arrogant, deceitful, demented, lame, self-righteous,
byzantine,conspiratorial, satanic, fraudulent, libelous, bilious,
splenetic,
spastic, ignorant, clueless, illegitimate, harmful, destructive, dumb,
evasive, double-talking, devious, revisionist, narrow, manipulative,
paternalistic, fundamentalist, dogmatic, idolatrous, unethical, cultic,
diseased, suppressive, controlling, restrictive, malignant, deceptive,
dim,
crazy, weird, dystopic, stifling, uncaring, plantigrade, grim,
unsympathetic, jargon-spouting, censorious, secretive, aggressive,
mind-numbing, arassive, poisonous, flagrant, self-destructive, abusive,
socially-retarded, puerile, clueless, and generally Not Good.

--
An oft-repeated lie is sill a lie.
Old September 7th 11, 02:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 23:57:42 -0700, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sep 6, 1:19Â*am, Peter Keller wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 02:32:19 -0700, Simon Mason wrote:
On Sep 5, 12:00Â*am, Peter Keller wrote:

I don't need my name to be in bold. Â*I am only a bicyclist who uses
my great form of transport for most off my in-town and close-town
transport needs. and for beautiful wind-in-hair recreation.

How do you manage to feel the wind in your hair? I thought you had to
wear a magic hat where you live?

Yes we do. Â*However exemptions are possible. I have one. Â*So I have had
many amiable conversations with the police down the years.

Well done - I'm impressed that your police show some common sense.

Yes, now they are.
I must admit that riding without a magic hat gives me a very good
indication of the amount (or at present lack) of enforcement activity
against this very stupid law.
Incidentally, official propaganda about bicycling and safety now puts
wearing a helmet near the bottom of the list, if it is mentioned at all!
Also information on bicycling events, "fun rides" etc now very rarely
mention that "helmets must be warn"
But knowing the ****wit New Zealand mentality I very much doubt that this
utterly stupid counterproductive law will be repealed soon.

--
An oft-repeated lie is sill a lie.
Old September 7th 11, 07:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Sep 7, 2:51*am, Peter Keller wrote:
Yes, now they are.
I must admit that riding without a magic hat gives me a very good
indication of the amount (or at present lack) of enforcement activity
against this very stupid law.
Incidentally, official propaganda about bicycling and safety now puts
wearing a helmet near the bottom of the list, if it is mentioned at all! *
Also information on bicycling events, "fun rides" etc now very rarely
mention that "helmets must be warn"
But knowing the ****wit New Zealand mentality I very much doubt that this
utterly stupid counterproductive law will be repealed soon.

Well, as long as you are enjoying it and you are getting no hassle the
jobs a good 'un.

--
Simon Mason

Pavement cycling Marie UK 0 September 19th 10 10:33 AM
Pavement cycling Marie UK 18 August 10th 10 06:55 PM
Cycling on the pavement PeterG UK 25 August 31st 09 07:49 PM
Cycling on the pavement Judith M Smith UK 2 August 30th 09 08:19 PM
Safety:- Cycling on the pavement v cycling on the road. soup UK 20 April 8th 07 12:00 PM