everybody is mental retards (*Plonk*ing Ed Dolan)

Old April 24th 08, 04:54 AM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

Default everybody is mental retards (*Plonk*ing Ed Dolan)

v Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone
who responds to his trollery?

=x= I use Emacs with gnus, which gives me the full power of
Lisp for filtering. I killfile Dolan by his email address,
and use some cross-posting detection to ditch the threads.

=x= A more full-blown approach would be to keep track of
the "Message-ID" fields and killfile followups based on the
"References" and/or "In-Reply-To" fields. I did something
like that some years back, but decided that I needn't waste
all that overhead on some stupid trolls; so the above is
what I do these days.
_Jym_

Old April 24th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
strabo

Jym Dyer wrote:
v Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone
who responds to his trollery?

=x= I use Emacs with gnus, which gives me the full power of
Lisp for filtering. I killfile Dolan by his email address,
and use some cross-posting detection to ditch the threads.

=x= A more full-blown approach would be to keep track of
the "Message-ID" fields and killfile followups based on the
"References" and/or "In-Reply-To" fields. I did something
like that some years back, but decided that I needn't waste
all that overhead on some stupid trolls; so the above is
what I do these days.
_Jym_

Of course you could just go read a book.

Old May 10th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

strabo wrote:
Jym Dyer wrote:
v Is there a way to kill-filter both Dolan AND anyone
who responds to his trollery?

=x= I use Emacs with gnus, which gives me the full power of
Lisp for filtering. I killfile Dolan by his email address,
and use some cross-posting detection to ditch the threads.

=x= A more full-blown approach would be to keep track of
the "Message-ID" fields and killfile followups based on the
"References" and/or "In-Reply-To" fields. I did something
like that some years back, but decided that I needn't waste
all that overhead on some stupid trolls; so the above is
what I do these days.

Of course you could just go read a book.

Well, being the amazing individual I am, I can do both. And of course
there's the fact that by fiddling with writing filters I save time
downstream to spend on fiddling with my guitar, riding my bike, and
responding to low signal posts on Usenet.

--
Dane Buson -
An ancient proverb summed it up: when a wizard is tired of looking for
Old May 10th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Bike to Work Week (was: everybody is mental retards &c)

In article ,
Dane Buson writes:

Of course you could just go read a book.

Well, being the amazing individual I am, I can do both. And of course
there's the fact that by fiddling with writing filters I save time
downstream to spend on fiddling with my guitar, riding my bike, and

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jimmy Page does that in Dazed & Confused.

Paganini guitar'd with his fiddle.

responding to low signal posts on Usenet.

Does Seattle have a Bike To Work Week? I imagine so.
Same with Portland and S.F.

Here's all about Vancouver's:
http://www.vacc.bc.ca/index.php?task=btw.main

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old May 12th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Default Bike to Work Week

Tom Keats wrote:
Dane Buson writes:

Jimmy Page does that in Dazed & Confused.

Paganini guitar'd with his fiddle.

Well, I won't be wow'ing anyone with my guitar licks for a while. I
just picked it up this year, but I am having a lot of fun with it.

responding to low signal posts on Usenet.

Does Seattle have a Bike To Work Week? I imagine so.
Same with Portland and S.F.

Generally you hear most about the Bike To Work challenge (which is a
month long) that Cascade and Group Health run. I'm not sure if there is
a bike to work week as such.

Here's all about Vancouver's:
http://www.vacc.bc.ca/index.php?task=btw.main

Ah, okay, that looks pretty similar to the Cascade site.

--
Dane Buson -
The meek shall inherit what they're bloody well given. And be thankful for it.