Chapman: "Prosecute Drivers who Make Way for Emergency Vehicles at Red Lights"

Old September 30th 09, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Old Scarface

Default Chapman: "Prosecute Drivers who Make Way for Emergency Vehicles at Red Lights"

Guy Chapman thinks (along with others here, no doubt) that drivers who
make way for emergency vehicles by carefully going through red lights
should be prosecuted and convicted. This shows that not only is he
anti-motorist, but he is prepared for innocent people to die just so
that motorists can be persecuted. In this case, the innocent people
are those who the emergency services can't get to or take to hospital
because drivers won't go through red lights for fear of prosecution.

Don't believe me? Ask Chapman yourself. You won't get much out of
him: this is one of those subjects that he refuses to talk about,
because he doesn't want to admit the truth, nor does he want to lie
(in other words it's another Lhuh Gnii-type thing).

Do you think drivers who make way for emergency vehicles should be
prosecuted *and* not have any legal defence available to them in
court? If so, it would seem (unless you can show otherwise) that you
are also an anti-motorist monster with blood on your hands. What is
the point of prosecuting such drivers, and why would you want them to
be prosecuted, unless you were anti-motorist to such an extent that
you were prepared for people to die just so that motorists could be
given a hard time? What other possible reason would one have for
advocating such prosecutions? I bet you can't come up with anything.

Anyone who is remotely reasonable, and who doesn't consider
persecuting motorists to be more important than saving innocent
people's lives, must surely be of the opinion that we should not be
prosecuting motorists who carefully make way for emergency vehicles at
red lights. Unless anyone has any remotely good arguments to the
contrary?
Old September 30th 09, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_2_]

"Old Scarface" wrote in message
Guy Chapman thinks (along with others here, no doubt) that drivers who
make way for emergency vehicles by carefully going through red lights
should be prosecuted and convicted.

When and where did he say this?

Old September 30th 09, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RudiL

On 30 Sep, 16:11, Old Scarface wrote:
[...]

Oh my dog! Its Nuxxy back to his car-hating anti-motorist murderers
theme. And to think he had disappeared for a while. Presumably because
he has *had* to change ISP in the meantime. Oh its a shame ... What
power the car-haters[1] have.

Rudi
[1] In the Nuxx world car-hater and anti-motorist are both synonyms
for cyclist and more generally anyone who does not support the safe-
speed agenda
Old September 30th 09, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RudiL

[...]

Heh Nuxxy! Have you been prosecuted for going through red-lights? That
would explain this demented rant ...

Rudi
Old September 30th 09, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Old Scarface wrote:

(in other words it's another Lhuh Gnii-type thing).

Says "Old Scarface ", a known authority.

BugBear
Old September 30th 09, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Old Skullface[_3_]

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:19:14 -0700 (PDT), RudiL
wrote:

[...]

If you mean me, then no, I've never been prosecuted for going through
a red light.

Now it's your turn. Do you think drivers who make way for emergency
vehicles by going through red lights (when there was no other way of
letting them through) should be prosecuted? If so, why? Because you
hate motorists, presumably? What possible other reason could there
be?
Old September 30th 09, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RudiL

wrote:

[...]

As far as i know the driver was cleared so your earlier diatribe is
just a rant by the usual suspect

Rudi
Old September 30th 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Old Skullface[_3_]

[...]

You won't answer the question because the answer would be "Yes" and
the reason would be "Because I hate motorists". Case closed.
Old September 30th 09, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
RudiL

On 30 Sep, 16:33, Old Skullface wrote:

You won't answer the question because the answer would be "Yes" and
the reason would be "Because I hate motorists". *Case closed.

What tight logical reasoning ... excellent! Now finally I realise I
hate myself ...

Rudi (a cyclist AND a motorist AND a pedestrian AND a public transport
user)