300k+ a year

Old January 4th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

Default 300k+ a year

In article ,
"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

"William R. Mattil" wrote in message
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

Look, there are two types of people in here. The butt huggers and those
who don't butt hug. The Butt Huggers are the pack runners who dog pile
and are mostly assholes from the old Lemon Club. Those are usually the
same ones who almost never post anything meaniful about cycling, but they
constantly post nonsense and all kinds of crap that has nothing to do
with cycling, and love playing grab ass with each other. If they do
respond on subject, its always attack and defend no matter who's right or
wrong, and they love to twist things around. There is rarely civil
discourse here, this is a free fly zone, anything goes, most everyone
here hates everyone else. I would suppose if they put all of rbr in a
locked room, everyone would be dead within half an hour. This have never
been a nice place, accept it for what it is. This is a gloves off
unmoderated forum. I don't blend in, I go my own way as always.

What have you done with Kunich ?

Checkmate.

William R. Mattil

Note also, Kunich takes care of himself. I rarely run to his defense. In

Mmmm. That coffee is good. What were you saying?

fact I rarely respond to his threads, or anyone's threads for that matter.
The guys who have the most to do with Kunich are Kurgan and a few others. I
don't spend all my time trying to defend or refute Kunich. In fact I don't
spend much time around here at all generally, except the new years thead,
but so what. If you look at the most of the threads in rbr, they are really
gay. Mostly just a bunch of butt huggers playing grab ass with each other
talking about all kinds of nonsense.

You speak about this often, but I cannot exactly tell
what you attitude is. Ordinarily one would take you to
be condemning such vile behavior, but your constant
recounting suggests a kind of fascination despite
attempts to keep a tight lid on proscribed thoughts.

At least Kunich tries to keep it about
cycling. That's my point, but Kunich takes care of himself, he doesn't
gravitate towards the pack runners, and he generally posts along the lines
of cycling.

You could spend more time exchanging views with
Tom Kunich. It might do everybody some good, bringing
more on topic material, setting a good example, and
perhaps even breaking the cycle of violence (not that I
am in favor of breaking cycles).

--
Michael Press
Old January 4th 10, 08:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 3, 9:43Â*pm, Michael Press wrote:

Â*"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
"Fred Fredburger" wrote in message

Also, unable to admit when he's wrong. But there's lots of evidence for
that. News agent selection is the least of it.

I don't really give a **** what you butt huggers think. Press sounds like a
computer program most of the time, I don't like talking to computers.

Fascinating.

What makes you think this sounds fascinating?

Drat! I attempted a Mr. Spock imitation and fell on my pointy ears.

--
Michael Press
Old January 4th 10, 09:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in message
On Jan 4, 11:58 am, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in
On Jan 3, 9:50 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

Not quite. I respond to Kunich threads on occasion because he's
reasonably
civil and he's not a butt hugger. He doesn't run with the packs and
that's
why you guys hate him so much.

snip

That's not why I hate him.
A lot of what he posts is fabricated. I don't like people who will lie
in an attempt to 'win' a debate.

That's what you guys say over the years but I don't see a lot of
overwhelming proof of that, just people arguing back and forth. Its a
stereotype you hung around his neck, but most of those charges have never
been proven. You guys are always trying to gang up on him like he's lying,
but how do you really know? You don't. I admit, in the past he seems to
have
told some whoppers from time to time, but that's been a very long run,
since
when? 1982? All you guys have been full of crap at one time or another
over
the years, including you, and it's not just me saying so. Go back and read
your threads, lot of people have chimed in and said you didn't know what
you
are talking about. You left once saying everyone was talking out their
Asses
about cycling, and then you returned the next year, and again people told
you in so many words you didn't know what you were talking about, come on
Henry, go read those threads, I remember. You guys pick on Kunich all the
time but you have committed the same sins, or close to it. I don't read
all
of Kunich's posts, but I have enough over the years to know he cares
enough
about rbr to stay here and fight it out, not the best choice, IMO.

All his claims about his engineering accomplishments are a load of
poo.

I can smell when someone doesn't have the skills. It's hard to
explain.

As for me lying. When? I'd like you to post a link. I don't think you
can because it's something I try hard to avoid. The reason is, it's a
bad feeling when one tells a lie and its exposed later. I'd like to
avoid that feeling and the way to do it is simple: Don't lie.

I didn't say you were lying, but being full of crap or not knowing what you
are talking about is not the same as lying. Its suspect to what other people
believe, and makes people think your supposed facts are incorrect. It would
be incredibly time consuming to go dig up those threads, but there were a
lot of threads I remember when you came back talking about all kinds of
stuff related to cycling, and a lot people laughed about some of your facts
or claims. The point is is not weather someone is lying or telling the truth
to me, but the appearence that quite often the same ones who are pointing
the fingers are also the same ones who have had the fingers pointed at as
well. Many people here for years has been percieved at one time of another
as being incorrect or fabricating something, or maybe just full of crap.

Old January 4th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
marco

Michael Press wrote:

I don't really give a **** what you butt huggers think. Press sounds
like a
computer program most of the time, I don't like talking to computers.

Fascinating.

What makes you think this sounds fascinating?

Drat! I attempted a Mr. Spock imitation and fell on my pointy ears.

I got it immediately, but was too embarrassed to admit it.

Old January 4th 10, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

"Michael Press" wrote in message
In article ,

You could spend more time exchanging views with
Tom Kunich. It might do everybody some good, bringing
more on topic material, setting a good example, and
perhaps even breaking the cycle of violence (not that I
am in favor of breaking cycles).

--
Michael Press

That's hilarious..

RBR is akin to the Gladiator days of the Roman Coliseum. The Gay crowd sits
in the balcony laughing watching the Gladiators do battle. When they carry
one out, another one enters. It's True Kunich is in the ring quite often,
and obviously he's the most prolific gladiator of all times in RBR. He
deserves credit for hanging in there as long as he has.

Old January 4th 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jan 4, 1:08*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
[...]

Dumbass -

If you're gonna make that accusation, I think it's incumbent upon you
to provide proof. Let's see it. All I ask for is one example.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old January 4th 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Kurgan. presented by Gringioni." wrote in message

First he says:

That's not why I hate him.

A lot of what he posts is fabricated. I don't like people who will lie
in an attempt to 'win' a debate.

then claims:

All his claims about his engineering accomplishments are a load of
poo.

I can smell when someone doesn't have the skills. It's hard to
explain.

then of all things makes THIS claim:

Old January 4th 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas

Op 04-01-10 22:09, marco wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
The Mambo King wrote:
I don't really give a **** what you butt huggers think. Press sounds like a
computer program most of the time, I don't like talking to
computers.

Fascinating.

What makes you think this sounds fascinating?

Drat! I attempted a Mr. Spock imitation and fell on my pointy ears.

I got it immediately, but was too embarrassed to admit it.

I thought it was an Eliza imitation, and thought that Ben thought that
too, trying the anti-Eliza strategy: asking for a specific train of thought.

I thought I said thought too much but then I still posted it.
Old January 4th 10, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jan 4, 2:47*pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:

If you look at the most of the threads in rbr, they are really
gay. Mostly just a bunch of butt huggers playing grab ass with each other
talking about all kinds of nonsense. At least Kunich tries to keep it about
cycling. That's my point, but Kunich takes care of himself, he doesn't
gravitate towards the pack runners, and he generally posts along the lines
of cycling.

dumbass,

not only are you a kool-aid drinker you are laughably earnest. the
tone in rbr is as ryan said something like a going into a bar full of
regulars or like the kind of talk you have when you have a bunch of
guys talking after a race.

your ideal of a great cycling thread would be along the lines of

"wow rochelle gilmore won her first race. she is looking really
strong, look for big things from her this year... rah rah bla blah"

that is for kool aid drinkers, or the kind of polite-ish conversations
you have in real life with people you don't know that well.

if i post here that cavendish sucks because he can't win a hilly race,
kunich will post that he could win an amateur climbing race.

if i'm watching the raptors at a bar and i say they suck, no one will
defend them by saying they could beat college teams, because they are
not kool-aid drinkers who are in love with someone just because they
are a good athlete.

Old January 4th 10, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William R. Mattil

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

It's True Kunich is in the ring quite often,
and obviously he's the most prolific gladiator of all times in RBR. He
deserves credit for hanging in there as long as he has.

Tom might be leading .... but you are rapidly gaining on him.

"chasing down the breakaway" so to speak.

Bill

--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com

Magilla, Why does Armstrong get a pass every year? Why does thepeloton get a pass this year? Lanterne Rouge Racing 5 July 27th 09 03:30 PM
One Year Jeff Grippe Recumbent Biking 1 November 3rd 06 02:32 AM
Mildenhall 300k Simon Proven UK 10 August 29th 06 12:18 PM
10 YEAR OLD TRUCK, 2 YEAR OLD BICYCLE TomCAt General 33 September 7th 05 05:02 AM
Let's get ToB on Sky next year ! The Nottingham Duck UK 2 September 3rd 05 09:38 AM