Washing gloves

Old June 28th 05, 01:30 PM
-RB

All my gloves and biking clothes get washed after each use, right in
the regular machine, with hot water. Then it's straight into the
dryer. The only issues I've ever had were faded color with the cheaper
Pearl Izumi's and with shorts, and the washing machine agitator cut a
pair of shorts. The fading takes a couple seasons before it starts.
By then, I'm ready for new ones anyway. If it can't go in the regular
wash I'm not buying it.

-RB

Old July 2nd 05, 03:19 PM
TomP

only thing I'd add to Claire's advice: use Woolite in the wash water.

Claire Petersky wrote:

Adam Bender wrote in message ...
I have some Pearl Izumi Gel-lite gloves. Are they washing machine
safe? How would you recommend I clean them?

Toss them in the washing machine with your shorts. Make sure the velcro is
all sealed up, so they don't get caught on anything. Wash cold/gentle;
delicate cycle to dry or hang to dry.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
See the books I've set free at:
http://bookcrossing.com/referr*al/Cpetersky

--
Tp,

-------- __o

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old July 3rd 05, 02:50 PM
Peter Cole

TomP wrote:
only thing I'd add to Claire's advice: use Woolite in the wash water.

You don't need any special soap for synthetics, regular detergent is
fine -- much better at removing odors, too.