Who supplies the Tour jersies?

Old July 13th 05, 06:35 PM
Adam Bender

Default Who supplies the Tour jersies?

Do the teams supply their own yellow/green/polka dot/white jersies for
the tour? Or do the organizers make them to match the team's sponsors
and such? I can't imagine them making jersies for 21 days * 21 teams *
2, 3 sizes? * 4 colors...

Adam

P.S. What does Vino's blue and yellow jersey signify?
Old July 13th 05, 07:30 PM
Neil Brooks

(Adam Bender) wrote:

P.S. What does Vino's blue and yellow jersey signify?

National champion of his native Kazakhstan. Recognize the colors?

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/...s/kz-flag.html

Not the best /looking/ jersey on the tour, IMO, but then again, that
wasn't Vino's main issue yesterday.
Old July 13th 05, 09:03 PM
Booker C. Bense

Old July 14th 05, 01:46 AM
Veloise

Adam wrote:
Do the teams supply their own yellow/green/polka dot/white jersies for
the tour? Or do the organizers make them to match the team's sponsors
and such? I can't imagine them making jersies for 21 days * 21 teams *
2, 3 sizes? * 4 colors...

Hey, I asked this last year (or was it the year before?). IIRC the
anser is: the Tour organization makes up a set of yellows with each
team's logo on the front, a set of polka-dots with each team logo, etc.
They also make some schizzo sets: half green/half polka, etc. (You
could google for this question and see a link to the picture.)

IIRC they make one-size-fits-all. (Fax to Austin in May: "LA you still
the same size we are making your jerseys")

It just occurred to me that the presentation jersey gets worn long
enough to take pictures, so they probably don't have a bunch of them
(and LA really doesn't need a special closet for them).

Otherwise all the teams bring their own uniform, matching helmets and
shades and sox and shoe covers.

HTH

--Karen M.

Old July 14th 05, 01:50 AM
Veloise

Found it!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tour.php?.../VIRENQUE-2020

Old July 14th 05, 06:22 PM
Michael K

"Veloise" wrote:

It just occurred to me that the presentation jersey gets worn long
enough to take pictures, so they probably don't have a bunch of them
(and LA really doesn't need a special closet for them).

Actually, they do and he does.

They had a behind the scenes thing and he quipped how his packet of
yellow jerseys made great padding to keep the coffee pot from
breaking.

Be kinda of a low rent affair if you didnt actually get to keep the
award.

Old July 15th 05, 01:45 AM
Chris Neary

Hey, I asked this last year (or was it the year before?). IIRC the
anser is: the Tour organization makes up a set of yellows with each
team's logo on the front, a set of polka-dots with each team logo, etc.
They also make some schizzo sets: half green/half polka, etc. (You
could google for this question and see a link to the picture.)

At the Giro they have a supply of blank jerseys and apply the appropriate
team logo's to the front each day as needed.

I remember Italian TV showing the process after one stage.

No idea if the Tour does it the same way.

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh