lx repair questions...need help fast!

Old July 12th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dorfman

Default lx repair questions...need help fast!

I was working today (riding my lx)and my peddal was acting funny then it
just came off...the crank is stripped.... and this is my first crank
replacement ever...i dunno what sized cotterd or cotterless and if
they are compatible with the lx and what crank tool 2 buy 2 get them
off and how to get them off...i need 2 order them 2 night ...so it
would be great if you could help me out quickly...

oh and i need 2 replace the tire for my lx aswell and its default with
a 1.95 tire...how much bigger can i go...and what tires on unicycle
dotcom. that arnt off road would fit on it and the frame without
trouble ?

this helps me so much ...i tried 2 call uni.com them selfs but they had
left for the day so... i call apon you guys

ps...man i really need 2 get back on the forums...i used 2 be on every
day now im only on if i have troubles

warren

--
dorfman

I BROKE MY FIBULA!
my unicycles are like my imaginary friends that every one can see.
i am Amandas NO.2 fan!
my myspace
http://tinyurl.com/s6dct
dorfman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10880

Old July 12th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

Ok look on the back side of the crank...Its should say a 3 digit
number(probly 125 0r 127) thats the length. As for pulling them off
just go to the LBS and tell they you need a cotterless crank puller and
they will know what to give you. They can show you how to use it aswell
if you ask them nicely and if they dont then it should come with
instructions.

As for a tire any thing thats 20x2.2 or smaller width will fit the LX.

EDIT: A quick check on UDC and it says that the Torker LX 20" unicycle
has 125mm cranks on it.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

harper wrote:
Bruce-
Quick. Put me on e-Bay.

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old July 12th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dorfman

trials_uni wrote:

As for a tire any thing thats 20x2.2 or smaller width will fit the LX.

EDIT: A quick check on UDC and it says that the Torker LX 20" unicycle
has 125mm cranks on it.

douse the 2.2 goe for the 24 ince aswell?

Old July 12th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ice_cold_uni6

ooh! ooh! how about i just send you my universal crank extractor to
borrow, then u send it back? pretty sweet, like a commune or
something.
ill pay for shippin back if you pay for shipping to you.

--
ice_cold_uni6

*-_chug_counterfeit_tobasco_sauce_while_holding_b ananas_for_christ_-*
PM if you want in.

harper wrote:
read through MR? i'd rather drink bleach. it's more refreshing.

'**my sick gallery**'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=219882)
ice_cold_uni6's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12352

Old July 12th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle2280

I hear alot of people saying 2.2 is the biggest tire for the LX. I've
put a 2.25 on mine and had alot of clearance left.

The cranks on the LX are extremely difficult to get off.
I just took it to my LBS

I bought my replacement cranks for UDC sin the description it says that
they are the ones for a Torker LX

--
unicycle2280
unicycle2280's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11232

Old July 12th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

Oh...you have the 24"...yes the tire size would be the same but the
cranks would be different length. Sorry i thought you had the 20"

And ice_cold. It would be chaeper for him to buy his own crank puller
that he would have forever and whenever he needed it.

EDIT: 'Heres the ones you need...probly the 150s for a 24\" if you want
the same ones as before'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=178)

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF

harper wrote:
Bruce-
Quick. Put me on e-Bay.

w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR

Old July 12th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trialfreek

I have had a 2.64" tyre on mine. The one I got a 2.34".

--
trialfreek
trialfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12426

Old July 12th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ice_cold_uni6

'this' (http://tinyurl.com/28ldn) is what you need. it will pull any
crank. (although i'm curious as to whether it will work on splined
cranks)

Old July 12th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

Cotterless cranks all all the same size at the hub. In other words,
interchangeable. 125 is a good length for cruising on a 24", but a
little short for offroad. You said you didn't want an offroad tire
though. 150 is probably too long for most non-dirt activities. How
about 140? I used to have a 24" with those, for basketball and the
Obstacle Course. My other 24" had 125s for racing. Measure your old
cranks center of hole to center of hole to see what size they were.

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"The worst thing you can do on a unicycle when you land is stop dead."
-- Kris Holm, world's expert on high-consequence unicycling

Old July 13th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lucky_8

my lx came with a 20' x 2.25" tire

--
lucky_8