Dr. Thompson I presume

Old October 31st 09, 10:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Dr. Thompson I presume

On Oct 31, 11:30*am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
DirtRoadie wrote:
On Oct 30, 7:18*pm, RicodJour wrote:
On Oct 30, 8:28*pm, Anton Berlin wrote:

In the better med schools they teach this method of creating patients.

http://velonews.com/article/99513

http://velonews.com/article/99685/la...osing-argument....

I hope the good doctor gets his asshole reamed in prison on a daily
basis.

It's hard to know exactly how accurate, complete and/or biased the
reporting is, but from what I've read, I hope the jury gets the same
impression that I have and the dear doctor hangs.

I've been in a situation where an angry driver pulled in front of a
paceline and hit the brakes. We had no serious consequences but it
quickly became apparent how that act simple act is anything but
innocent and could easily end up being deadly.

DR

The cyclists deserved what they got.

First of all, how come they couldn't stop their bikes in time? *A bike can
stop faster than a car.

Second, when a car is behind you trying to get around you, you don't ride
2-abreast and hold up the car....and then flip the driver off when he passes
you.

If you're driving a car and you hit the rear of someone's car, it's your
fault. *I don't see why riding a bike makes it any different.

Trollboy,

I know you're just looking for love and attention,
but don't be ridiculous. There's a presumption, when
driving or cycling on the road, that other people aren't
going to deliberately try to cause an accident or hurt you.
This presumption is the only thing that makes roads
usable for either cars or bikes. "Defensive driving"
means watching out for other people's screw-ups,
not defending yourself against someone who tries to
cause accidents, because there really is very little
you can do about that.

In particular, because everyone including drivers follows
at closer than the real safe stopping distance, it is
possible to cut someone off. The presumption that
the driver who rear-ends someone is at fault goes
out the window (or through the window, in this case)
when the leading driver deliberately tries to cause
the accident.

In your crusade against idiots, you should be against
Dr. Thompson. Why? He confessed to the crime.
If he had told the traffic investigator he'd done nothing
wrong, rather than bragging about teaching them a
lesson, he might have got away with it.

Ben
Old October 31st 09, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

DirtRoadie wrote:

On Oct 31, 12:30*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

If you're driving a car and you hit the rear of someone's car, it's your
fault. *I don't see why riding a bike makes it any different.

I'll have to remember that. So that I can pull in front of somebody,
slam on my brakes and then collect big bucks from their insurance
company when they hit me. I'll tell them its the "Magilla Rule." No
exceptions, and recognized in most jurisdictions right?
C'mon, your trolling skills are weak if not non-existent.
Let's see what the jury says.
DR

The cyclists should have followed at a safe distance and maintained control
of their bicycles. They did neither. They also should have expected the
driver would stop after flipping him off and calling him names simply because
he wanted to pass them.

That fella who has the dead nose.....that's his fault. He wanted to start a
fight and that's exactly what happened. I bet you he won't be obstructing
traffic, flipping off drivers, and saying "**** you" anymore.

Magilla

Old October 31st 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Oct 31, 3:08*pm, "
wrote:

*He confessed to the crime.
If he had told the traffic investigator he'd done nothing
wrong, rather than bragging about teaching them a
lesson, he might have got away with it.

Well we don't actually know yet whether he will get away with it.
Let's hope the jury has at least a bit of common sense.
DR
Old October 31st 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Yes, I agree that a bike is stable.

No, they behave unpredictably in velodrome corners.

Bob Schwartz
Old October 31st 09, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

DirtRoadie wrote:
[...]

I agree, but not after blocking, and then antagonizing with profanity and
gestures. At that point, you're provoking a reaction. You're looking for a
fight. And they found one. And they lost. In this case, the one guy lost his
nose.

This presumption is the only thing that makes roads
usable for either cars or bikes. "Defensive driving"
means watching out for other people's screw-ups,
not defending yourself against someone who tries to
cause accidents, because there really is very little
you can do about that.

The cyclists intentionally blocked this guy by riding 2-abreast, by going slow
(30 mph downhill is slow for a car). And then when this guy simply wanted to
pass, they flipped him off and used the F-word. The doctor got ****ed and
jammed on his brakes. He probably thought he would cause them to brake hard and
lose their momentum. It's very unlikely he expected them to go through his rear
window given that it never happened before.

If you blocked me, flipped me off, and then gave em the finger, I'd do the same
thing. You SoCal guys got a beat down that day. It was long overdue.

In particular, because everyone including drivers follows
at closer than the real safe stopping distance, it is
possible to cut someone off. The presumption that
the driver who rear-ends someone is at fault goes
out the window (or through the window, in this case)
when the leading driver deliberately tries to cause
the accident.

In your crusade against idiots, you should be against
Dr. Thompson. Why? He confessed to the crime.
If he had told the traffic investigator he'd done nothing
wrong, rather than bragging about teaching them a
lesson, he might have got away with it.

Ben

I am entitled to not believe the testimony of the investigator. I have a right
to believe that Dr. Thompson didn't say that. You have no right to tell me that
I must believe the investigator. Most cops are corrupt and have no credibility
anyway, especially Calif. cops. Also, most cyclists are known liars such as
Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton. I would ask these SoCal cyclists if they
donated to the Fraud Fairness Fund to see if they had any credibility. I bet you
they did.

I would also like to start a defense fund for Dr. Thompson called the Doctor
Fairness Fund.

Thanks,

Magilla

Old October 31st 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_2_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:
Yes, I agree that a bike is stable.

No, they behave unpredictably in velodrome corners.

Bob Schwartz

I'm gonna clean everyone's clock in here in this thread, just like I did
in the van Impe thread and others. I'm the only chimp in here capable
of taking on you riff-raff cyclists. I got the guts to do it. I don't
even want any supporters or help.

I'm like Prefontaine...a front runner. I don't take my cue from any of
you slackers. I run my own race.

Everyone else in here is a pussy...a bunch of lemmings who seek safety
in numbers.

Not this grape ape,

Premagilla

Old October 31st 09, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"DirtRoadie" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 12:30 pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:

If you're driving a car and you hit the rear of someone's car, it's your
fault. I don't see why riding a bike makes it any different.

I'll have to remember that. So that I can pull in front of somebody,
slam on my brakes and then collect big bucks from their insurance
company when they hit me. I'll tell them its the "Magilla Rule." No
exceptions, and recognized in most jurisdictions right?
C'mon, your trolling skills are weak if not non-existent.
Let's see what the jury says.

What's strange is that originally I'd understood the Chimp to be educated.
But the guy writing this stuff doesn't appear to have even high school
driving class nor high school physics.

Old October 31st 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

" wrote in message

In particular, because everyone including drivers follows
at closer than the real safe stopping distance, it is
possible to cut someone off. The presumption that
the driver who rear-ends someone is at fault goes
out the window (or through the window, in this case)
when the leading driver deliberately tries to cause
the accident.

Hmm, consider this - when a vehicle PASSES he is required to pull back in at
a safe distance. It would also be assumed that a car would be significantly
faster than a line of bicyclists.

So Mongozilla or whatever his name is doesn't seem to have noticed that the
good doctor in his car assaulted the line of cyclists with a deadly weapon.

Old October 31st 09, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Oct 31, 1:30*pm, MagillaGorilla wrote:
DirtRoadie wrote:
[...]

Magilla- Hide quoted text -

Maggie is trying to incite the natives.
Old November 1st 09, 12:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:
"Paul B. Anders" wrote in message
On Oct 31, 11:30 am, MagillaGorilla wrote:
First of all, how come they couldn't stop their bikes in time? A

bike can
stop faster than a car.

Wrong.

He demonstrates an almost complete lack of knowledge of the stopping
power of a bike. And for those others who aren't aware and don't want to
look like the fool that MG is - a bicycle can stop roughly half as fast
as an automobile because if you stop faster than about a half gee you
roll over the front wheel. A bicycle's center of gravity is too high for
rapid stops.

I might also add that the amount of rubber making contact with the road
on a bicycle is miniscule compared to a car, that's where all the
stopping power is. Friction is dependent on the size of the contact patch.

On the other hand, I've never rear ended a car. That's an interesting
enough trick that I wouldn't draw any conclusions based upon the limited
information I've seen so far. Emotionally, I'd like to see them lock the
driver up and throw away the key. That's not necessarily justice, however.