White van man gets his come-uppance

Old October 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
Mike VM

Default White van man gets his come-uppance

About this time last year I was cycling along a road in White City,
when a white van, unable to wait a few seconds for me to pass by a
traffic island, veered across to the right hand side of the road,
hooted at some children legitimately crossing the road from the
island, causing them to leap back onto said island, and then drove by
on the wrong side of the road, ignoring the keep left sign.

I took his number, got another witness and grassed him up to the local
plod. The wheels of justice immediately sprang into action, and this
week he was fined £300, and got six points on his licence. (His
statement to the court showed he considered he had done nothing wrong,
and that the children were at fault for having the effrontery to cross
the road when he wanted to drive across it the wrong way).

Just thought you'd like to know that just occasionally some impatient
plonker who endangers other road users gets what's coming to him.
Old October 23rd 04, 11:26 AM
al_Mossah

"Mike VM" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Tut! If these kids had parents who cared for them, they'd have driven them
to where-ever they wanted to go, then we wouldn't need traffic islands and
WVM wouldn't have been at fault. So I blame the parents.

Well done for getting the number and reporting him. He could have caused
several deaths that way.

Peter

Old October 23rd 04, 02:54 PM
neil0502

Mike VM wrote (in small part -- liberal excision involved):

I took his number, got another witness and /grassed him up to the local
plod/ [emphasis added]

I really *do* have to visit the U.K. some time!

While I have absolutely no idea what that means, I'd really be tickled just
to hear it in person :-)

Old October 23rd 04, 03:34 PM
Paul Cassel

Mike VM wrote:
About this time last year I was cycling along a road in White City,
when a white van, unable to wait a few seconds for me to pass by a
traffic island, veered across to the right hand side of the road,
hooted at some children legitimately crossing the road

Hooted? Was it driving by a monkey?
Old October 23rd 04, 03:45 PM
Badger_South

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:34:57 -0600, Paul Cassel wrote:

Mike VM wrote:
About this time last year I was cycling along a road in White City,
when a white van, unable to wait a few seconds for me to pass by a
traffic island, veered across to the right hand side of the road,
hooted at some children legitimately crossing the road

Hooted? Was it driving by a monkey?

Your reply is difficult to parse. But nonetheless funny.

-B
Officer, cite him for "Driving, by monkey"...

Old October 23rd 04, 03:53 PM
Muttley

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:54:08 GMT, "neil0502" wrote:

Mike VM wrote (in small part -- liberal excision involved):

I took his number, got another witness and /grassed him up to the local
plod/ [emphasis added]

I really *do* have to visit the U.K. some time!

While I have absolutely no idea what that means

Could you not work it out from context?

Old October 23rd 04, 04:15 PM
neil0502

wrote:

Mike VM wrote (in small part -- liberal excision involved):

I took his number, got another witness and /grassed him up to the
local plod/ [emphasis added]

I really *do* have to visit the U.K. some time!

While I have absolutely no idea what that means

Could you not work it out from context?

Oh, absolutely, but I still found it quite entertaining... as, I suspect,
many of our idioms must be to those across the pond (I hope!)

Old October 23rd 04, 04:20 PM
Ian Walker

In article ,
"neil0502" wrote:

Oh, absolutely, but I still found it quite entertaining... as, I suspect,
many of our idioms must be to those across the pond (I hope!)

"No brainer" has to be my favourite.

Ian
--
My email address is invalid to prevent spam.
Real contact details are on my website at http://www.drianwalker.com