Schwinn Backpedaling

Old March 23rd 04, 02:41 PM
Curtis L. Russell

Default Schwinn Backpedaling

On 23 Mar 2004 14:05:10 GMT, (Menotomy) wrote:

These new Sting-Rays might actually get a kid off his lard arse and outside
away from his computer games.

Sting Rays offer the kids nothing that a much more useful BMX bike
doesn't already have - at a better price.

I have no clue what this bike is supposed to do, other than lose
money. The collector market for usess and non-original throwbacks
can't be big enough to overcome the, well, uselessness of having such
a bike.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 24th 04, 01:27 PM
Menotomy

The thing about this type of bike, and lowriders and clunky fat tire bikes with
fenders and fake gas tanks, is that kids can just cruise around on them. These
bikes are not projecting that 'I'm ready to ride my BMX down the stairs" look.
It's more the "I'm chillin'" look.

Agreed - probably no collectible value if they build these in huge numbers.
But there is still a market for these and other "I'm not Lance Armstrong"
bicycles.

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles, Inc.
http://OldRoads.com

These new Sting-Rays might actually get a kid off his lard arse and outside
away from his computer games.

Sting Rays offer the kids nothing that a much more useful BMX bike
doesn't already have - at a better price.

I have no clue what this bike is supposed to do, other than lose
money. The collector market for usess and non-original throwbacks
can't be big enough to overcome the, well, uselessness of having such
a bike.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Value of Schwinn Typhoon? Collegiate? Bill Johnston General 3 October 12th 03 06:06 AM
Need Help- Wal-Mart Schwinn S-30 JC General 9 September 30th 03 09:58 PM
Old Schwinn Worth Updates? David Kerber General 7 September 2nd 03 11:28 PM
setting speedometer schwinn dale General 3 July 28th 03 11:28 PM