Schwinn City Bikes with Fenders, Chain Guards, Racks $159.

Old March 21st 10, 05:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Schwinn City Bikes with Fenders, Chain Guards, Racks $159.

"http://i41.tinypic.com/2vt8i2c.jpg"

Saw in the Target ad this week. $159. Looks like a seven speed. No front
derailleur.

Old March 23rd 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DennisTheBald

On Mar 21, 12:07*pm, SMS wrote:
"http://i41.tinypic.com/2vt8i2c.jpg"

Saw in the Target ad this week. $159. Looks like a seven speed. No front
derailleur.

I don't see anything like that on the Schwinn web site, or a MSR
anywhere near that.
Old March 23rd 10, 04:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

On 23/03/10 8:40 AM, DennisTheBald wrote:
On Mar 21, 12:07 pm, wrote:
"http://i41.tinypic.com/2vt8i2c.jpg"

Saw in the Target ad this week. $159. Looks like a seven speed. No front
derailleur.

I don't see anything like that on the Schwinn web site, or a MSR
anywhere near that.

Schwinn leaves a lot of their non-bike store bikes off their site.
Old March 23rd 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

http://www.target.com/Schwinn-Courie...&searchSize=30

http://tinyurl.com/fonzieshark
Old March 25th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DennisTheBald

On Mar 21, 12:07 pm, *wrote:
"http://i41.tinypic.com/2vt8i2c.jpg"

Saw in the Target ad this week. $159. Looks like a seven speed. No front
derailleur.

I don't see anything like that on the Schwinn web site, or a MSR
anywhere near that.

Schwinn leaves a lot of their non-bike store bikes off their site.

http://www.target.com/Schwinn-Courie...p/B002TQYXR4/r...

http://tinyurl.com/fonzieshark

Yeah, for one of my kids maybe... but he probably wouldn't touch it if
it freewheels and the picture shows brake levers.
The Prelude Road Bike looks more like something I'm might be caught
dead on (read: had a snowball's chance of getting up the hill on).

It would take something more than a sub $300 price tag to get me back
on a wedgie - something on the order of an electric motor.

But, In the past decade I've been on a wedgie fewer than a dozen
times, but when I do more often than not it's gonna be my '74 Le Tour,
not the much newer, much lighter Randonee. Apparently some people
think ill of Schwinn over their bikes being too durable. When Schwinn
releases a 'bent I will for sure get one, even if I have to go to
WalMart to get it.
Old March 26th 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Mar 25, 6:30*pm, DennisTheBald wrote:
In the past decade I've been on a wedgie fewer than a dozen
times, but when I do more often than not it's gonna be my '74 Le Tour,
not the much newer, much lighter Randonee. *Apparently some people
think ill of Schwinn over their bikes being too durable. *When Schwinn
releases a 'bent I will for sure get one, even if I have to go to
WalMart to get it.

Is there any relationship between new Schwinns and old Schwinns,
besides the name?

- Frank Krygowski

Old March 26th 10, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
DennisTheBald

On Mar 25, 9:36*pm, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Mar 25, 6:30*pm, DennisTheBald wrote:

In the past decade I've been on a wedgie fewer than a dozen
times, but when I do more often than not it's gonna be my '74 Le Tour,
not the much newer, much lighter Randonee. *Apparently some people
think ill of Schwinn over their bikes being too durable. *When Schwinn
releases a 'bent I will for sure get one, even if I have to go to
WalMart to get it.

Is there any relationship between new Schwinns and old Schwinns,
besides the name?

- Frank Krygowski

my '74 LeTour was made in Japan - not the "Chicago steel" if that's
what you mean. I wouldn't expect the differences to be any more or
less than between a '74 Fairlane and a '10 Fusion

For $160, it comes with fenders and a rack - that sounds pretty
practical to me.

See this regarding the prices of Schwinns made in Chicago back in the
'70s:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/schwinn-braze.html

I'm thinking that if you adjust the prices for inflation, the price/
performance is a wash even if these new ones only lasted 2 or 3 years
instead of 20 or 30. Of course everything is cheaper now, in '74
people only had 1 phone, 1 TV, 1 car... we had much smaller foot
prints, not as small as in the '60's but way smaller than post Reagan.