Can't Call Triple A on a Bike Commute, I Bet

Old April 21st 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Can't Call Triple A on a Bike Commute, I Bet

I guess the subject of this post was intended rhetorically, but one of AAA's
competitors offers roadside bicycle assistance:

http://www.betterworldclub.com/

(Spare tube and tire irons work for me.)

Old April 23rd 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Dane Buson wrote:

The abbreviated rec.bicycles FAQ answer:

http://draco.acs.uci.edu/rbfaq/FAQ/8b.2.html

I see the FAQ still contains a lot of misinformation
about "leaky patches" and "curing" and related
bunk.

To the OP--follow the directions in the patch kit
and you will never have to worry about a leaky
patch. The key components of those directions
are 1) sand off the shine on the entire area to be
covered by the patch and 2) let the glue (it's not really
glue) dry as much as it's going to dry before pressing
on the patch. Then you can use the patched tube
immediately without any problems--assuming you have
thoroughly checked the inside of the tire for puncture-
causing objects.

Robert