Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

Old April 17th 08, 12:21 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle

Default Unaugural 2008: Some bad news, a roll call, and a vote

On Apr 17, 9:07*am, Marty H wrote:

pike.. *sniff

Hmm; that must be one of them "scratched and sniff" posts.
--
Clem
Old April 17th 08, 02:17 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
BT Humble

On Apr 17, 9:11 am, "Theo Bekkers" wrote:
BTHumble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.

Bloody global warming!

Theo

Enjoy it while it lasts - next year might be different. Tarago
enjoyed a comparatively wet summer this year (hence the long grass).

BTH
Old April 17th 08, 03:06 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Fraser Johnston[_2_]

"Theo Bekkers" wrote in message
BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.

Bloody global warming!

No ****. I got ****ed on today on the bike. First time I have ever been wet
through my Dri-Rider overalls.

Fraser

Old April 17th 08, 03:10 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Bloody global warming!

La Niña more likely, but I suspect you knew that.

What opera does she sing in?

Theo
OK, OK, but really, global warming should mean more rain, not less.

Old April 17th 08, 05:35 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Fraser Johnston wrote:
No ****. I got ****ed on today on the bike.

Yeah. I wish those people would keep their dogs leashed when they go
out walking!

BTH
Old April 17th 08, 08:37 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Andrew McKenna[_2_]

BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

BTH

Wot, no bonfire? Right, that's it. Pike.
--
Regards

Andrew

Oi, leave me alone. I was the only one who *didn't* pike Australia Day!
Old April 17th 08, 09:58 AM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Andrew McKenna wrote:
Oi, leave me alone. I was the only one who *didn't* pike Australia Day!

Minx didn't pike on the Australia Day ride either!

BTH
Old April 17th 08, 12:02 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
SteveB

BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.

Bloody global warming!

Theo

Oi! Don't be so bloody greedy. Send some over to Melbourne where we
need it!

Bloody gubiment has started plans to take water out of the productive
farming areas in the Goulburn Valley and pipe to to Melbourne to water
the conctrete. So any rain we get is sorely needed.

SteveB
Old April 17th 08, 03:04 PM posted to aus.motorcycles,aus.bicycle
Nev..

BT Humble wrote:
The bad news:
In spite of my ongoing efforts to learn the valuable skill of weather
control, I haven't been able to make it rain at Funkytown this month.
That means that we won't be able to have a bonfire this year. I'm
sorry, but there's just too much dry grass about..

It's bloody pouring here in Perth today. We're well on track for one of out
wettest Aprils on record. We passed the fifth wettest yesterday.

Bloody global warming!

Theo

Oi! Don't be so bloody greedy. Send some over to Melbourne where we
need it!

Bloody gubiment has started plans to take water out of the productive
farming areas in the Goulburn Valley and pipe to to Melbourne to water
the conctrete. So any rain we get is sorely needed.

Speak for yourself. Bloody marvellous motorcycling weather here in
sunny Melbourne. According to the BoM so far this month in Perth city
they've had 131mm of rain and the BoM station closest to me in suburban
Melbourne has measured 6.8mm, but it's on the hill over the river, which
gets more rain than I do.. my gauge has only registered 4mm for the month.

Nev..
'07 XB12X