WTB: Interesting European steel bike/frameset

Old October 23rd 04, 02:00 AM
Far_Rider

Default WTB: Interesting European steel bike/frameset

Looking to buy an interesting European-made complete bicycle or
frameset(frame & fork) for winter project. MUST be steel! Size 60cm
(center-to-center) and top tube from 58cm~59cm. If frameset, needs to
be able to accept 9-speed modern drivetrain. Condition needs to be at
the very least very good. Some examples of interesting to me: Merckx,
Pegoretti, SOMA and I'm sure you guys will come up with many others,
some of which I've never heard of!

Please respond directly with full details
including; geometry, dimensions price and pics if you have some. I am
a serious cash buyer for the perfect bike!
Old October 23rd 04, 02:40 AM
bfd

"Far_Rider" wrote in message
om...
Looking to buy an interesting European-made complete bicycle or
frameset(frame & fork) for winter project. MUST be steel! Size 60cm
(center-to-center) and top tube from 58cm~59cm. If frameset, needs to
be able to accept 9-speed modern drivetrain. Condition needs to be at
the very least very good. Some examples of interesting to me: Merckx,
Pegoretti, SOMA and I'm sure you guys will come up with many others,
some of which I've never heard of!

Please respond directly with full details
including; geometry, dimensions price and pics if you have some. I am
a serious cash buyer for the perfect bike!

Interesting, since when is SOMA an interesting European-made complete
bicycle or frameset:

http://www.somafab.com/frames.html

Old October 23rd 04, 02:37 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Farrider- Looking to buy an interesting European-made complete bicycle or
frameset(frame & fork) for winter project. MUST be steel! Size 60cm
(center-to-center) and top tube from 58cm~59cm. If frameset, needs to
be able to accept 9-speed modern drivetrain. Condition needs to be at
the very least very good. Some examples of interesting to me: Merckx,
Pegoretti, SOMA BRBR

Soma made in Taiwan....

Mondonico, hand made by Antomio and huis son. Limited production, hand made
fItalian framesets. Colubus tubing, Nemo, Neuron, EL-OS, Foco...beatiful,
Framesets starting at around $1200.

http://www.torelli.com

Also look at Milano, by Alberto Masi...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old October 23rd 04, 04:57 PM
Far_Rider

"bfd" wrote in message ...
"Far_Rider" wrote in message
om...
Looking to buy an interesting European-made complete bicycle or
frameset(frame & fork) for winter project. MUST be steel! Size 60cm
(center-to-center) and top tube from 58cm~59cm. If frameset, needs to
be able to accept 9-speed modern drivetrain. Condition needs to be at
the very least very good. Some examples of interesting to me: Merckx,
Pegoretti, SOMA and I'm sure you guys will come up with many others,
some of which I've never heard of!

Please respond directly with full details
including; geometry, dimensions price and pics if you have some. I am
a serious cash buyer for the perfect bike!

Interesting, since when is SOMA an interesting European-made complete
bicycle or frameset:

http://www.somafab.com/frames.html

It was late when I posted my ad. Of course I really meant SOMEC, not
SOMA (which I'm sure may be interesting to someone)

I've had a few folks question my bona-fides because of my Hotmail
address. Rest assured I'm a legit buyer, I live in the U.S. and will
pay via whatever method the seller deems is best for them, PayPal,
USPS money order, bank money order, whatever.
Old October 25th 04, 07:18 AM
Matt O'Toole

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

Farrider- Looking to buy an interesting European-made complete
bicycle or frameset(frame & fork) for winter project. MUST be steel!
Size 60cm (center-to-center) and top tube from 58cm~59cm. If
frameset, needs to
be able to accept 9-speed modern drivetrain. Condition needs to be at
the very least very good. Some examples of interesting to me: Merckx,
Pegoretti, SOMA BRBR

Soma made in Taiwan....

Mondonico, hand made by Antomio and huis son. Limited production,
hand made fItalian framesets. Colubus tubing, Nemo, Neuron, EL-OS,
Foco...beatiful, Framesets starting at around $1200.

http://www.torelli.com

Also look at Milano, by Alberto Masi...

Torelli and Mondonico frames are very nice. I was just messing around on eBay
and saw this, which might interest you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

If you want a *really* interesting Italian frame with beautiful craftsmanship, I
have a 60cm Coppi Galaxy for sale. Not steel, but thin-tubed with smoothed-in
gussets, and very beautiful. Gets a lot of compliments.

Matt O.

Good Steel Frames danimal Off Road 2 May 29th 04 05:46 AM
Ride quality: Aluminum vs steel Chris Hansen General 16 April 5th 04 11:55 PM
Steel hardtail question MTBScottie Mountain Biking 20 November 12th 03 06:53 PM
Economics of Custom Frame Building in non Ferrous Materials AndyMorris Techniques 29 August 29th 03 02:23 PM
Steel bars Paul Techniques 8 July 29th 03 04:50 PM