Lance on "Imus in the Morning"

Old October 15th 03, 01:34 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

Default Lance on "Imus in the Morning"

Lance acquitted himself very well this morning during an interview by
the embalmed corpse who wears a cowboy hat.

Imus did a pretty good interview. A lot about his cancer, because Don
sponsors a camp for kids with cancer.

Lance observed that this year's Tour was "a bit TOO exciting".

Old October 15th 03, 09:07 PM
Harris

MisNomer wrote:
He was on Charles Rose (PBS) last night as well. promoting his book.
Interesting. He talked about being a dad, doing the next TDF, how the people
in France treated him - they loved him this year.

What's his book about anyway? I've only heard the title "Every Second
Counts."

Art Harris
Old October 15th 03, 11:02 PM
Pete

"Harris" wrote in message
MisNomer wrote:
He was on Charles Rose (PBS) last night as well. promoting his book.
Interesting. He talked about being a dad, doing the next TDF, how the

people
in France treated him - they loved him this year.

What's his book about anyway? I've only heard the title "Every Second
Counts."

Well..I just got it over the weekend. Birthday present (Whee)

[from the liner notes]
"...addresses the equally daunting challenge of living in the aftermath of
this experience and making the most of every breath of life.
Armstrong candidly discusses his prickly relationship with the French and
the ultimately disproved accusations of doping within his Tour de France
team, and he writes about his recent achievements, including celebrating
five years of cancer survival and how he restored a magnificent chapel in
his beloved Spain."

Pete

Old October 16th 03, 02:38 AM
Coal Porter

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:34:59 GMT, Zippy the Pinhead wrote:

Lance acquitted himself very well this morning during an interview by
the embalmed corpse who wears a cowboy hat.

Thanks for the post. Real Player users can find it he
http://wfan.com/imusinstantreplay/

Jetaudio users can pop this url in the file open dialog:
http://cgi.cbs.com/video/video.pl?ur.../10-15lance.rm

Old October 16th 03, 05:17 PM
Karen M.

Art wrote:

What's his book about anyway? I've only heard the title "Every Second
Counts."

There's an excerpt on the eponymous website.
He likes to dive off a high ledge into a quarry pond (ooh, just
like in "Breaking Away"!!) on his farm. And his local pards call him
"Mellow Johnny" which is presented as a Texas pronounciation of that
colored shirt deal thing in that off-shore bike race.
HTH
--Karen M.

Old October 17th 03, 03:47 AM
onefred

thanks for posting the link to hear the interview, I really enjoyed it.

Me, too. thanks for the link.

Dave

Old October 17th 03, 03:58 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:17:31 -0400, "Rivermist"
wrote:

thanks for posting the link to hear the interview, I really enjoyed it.

Lance certainly has a poise and presence. Even though I heard the
interview live, I, too, enjoyed seeing it again at the URL posted;
that was nice.

I was struck during the Tour at the way Lance stood out with his easy
self-assurance, handling even stupid questions with courtesy and
respect, and giving well-worded answers.

I'm sure he'll remain in the public eye long after he's left
professional cycling.
Old October 17th 03, 02:44 PM
salmoneous

What's his book about anyway?