Idle 29 or 36"

Old November 7th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
rem48

Default Idle 29 or 36"

I have a 26 and 36. I can idle the 26 but I am just starting to come to
a complete stop on the 36. I would practice it if mounting wasn't so
tiring. When I get onthe 36 I take off and am thankful!

--
rem48
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 7th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

Not that I disagree, but still-standing has all those same benefits!

Not only that, but bystanders are VERY impressed with it.

Mikefule wrote:
If you can idle, it improves your mounting, your controlled stopping,
your slow speed manouevring, and your general confidence. And it's a
beautiful movement too, dancing with Newton.

--
mscalisi

Unicycle for (reducing the) Buddha

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 7th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
goldenchicken III

Mikefule wrote:
And it's a beautiful movement too, dancing with Newton.

I bet Morris gets envious.

--
goldenchicken III
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 13th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Does anyone have video or link to video of a 36" idling

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 13th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
$unidude$chad$:)

i remember seeing one on youtube awhile ago but i can't seem to find it,
and diling a bigger wheel takes some time to master, it took me about
10 min of practicing(i learn easily)it's p[retty squirrly

--
$unidude$chad$

Chad Miedel
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 13th 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

I'm sorry, I have no link but I have seen a video of Harper idling a
coker. Perhaps you could look in his galleryl

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 13th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
U-Turn

http://tinyurl.com/2am4un

--
U-Turn

-- Dave Stockton
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 13th 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Idling on a coker doesn't look fun.

My 29" is starting to look small and simple for idling

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 14th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

It won't work on this computer. It looked a bit scary when I saw it, if
it's the same that I saw about a year ago. Definately looked more like
riding forward then backward than idling.

legtod2 wrote:
Idling on a coker doesn't look fun.

My 29" is starting to look small and simple for idling

Practicing w/ really short cranks on your 29, or really long on your 36
would prob help.

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Bob Burnquist on how to improve significantly.
'Trials Building'
http://www.usenet.com
Old February 14th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
chuckaeronut

I can idle my 36, and I have to say that it's really not easy enough to
be useful at all. It's too difficult and error prone (like if you hit
the teensiest bump, you're down or flailing to stay up) to be practical
at stop lights and intersections, etc, and at the rear, sometimes it
takes so much force to accelerate forwards that I find myself pulling
up on my T7 to mash my front foot harder on its pedal. I have 125
cranks; with 150s I imagine it'd be much easier, but I still think it's
easier to do slight hops, if only because of the fact that you don't
roll anywhere in order to stay upright. Whenever I come to an
intersection, I just hope once every few seconds before I start to
fall, and I always stay within a 6-inch to 1-foot square, whereas,
idling, I'd take up loads of front/back room, and corrections would
probably send me sprawling into traffic to the left or right. :P

--
chuckaeronut

Cycling: It doesn't get easier; you just get faster.
Unicycling: It doesn't get easier; you just do tougher stuff.
http://www.usenet.com

idle unicycle dave Unicycling 0 October 20th 06 09:14 PM
"Hopping idle" and other milestones steveyo Unicycling 8 September 28th 05 02:37 AM
How to Idle?? ngunicyle Unicycling 18 July 4th 05 08:44 AM
idle and such GordonBBB Unicycling 3 March 20th 05 01:41 AM
Don't let pc idle [email protected] General 0 January 2nd 05 11:19 AM