Cold Tires...

Old October 5th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AK_unipsycho

Default Cold Tires...

Alright, so I've got a problem... winter is coming fast, and as the
temperatures drop, so does my tire pressure. I was told filling the tire
with nitrogen rather than air would help, does anyone have any input in
the subject?

--
AK_unipsycho
Old October 5th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

You might read this:

http://tinyurl.com/45wanf

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old October 5th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
videotoast

MuniAddict;1107528 wrote:
You might read this:

http://tinyurl.com/45wanf

Thank you for that...something I have suspected, but did not know...and
I never buy the add-ons, either.

--
videotoast
Old October 5th 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
harper

Rather than give you a link without any explanation as to why I'm giving
you the link or any hint as to what it contains (which I see more and
more of in this forum) I will simply tell you that, no, it won't help.

--
harper

-Greg Harper

"Natural logs are what you ride on a Mun'e'." - kevinalexandersmith
Old October 6th 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
U-Turn

pv = nrt

--
U-Turn

-- Dave Stockton
Old October 7th 08, 10:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jamesande

but its not an -ideal- gas

--
jamesande

Smile, Jesus loves you
Old October 7th 08, 05:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

umm, just pump it up more for the winter, let it down in the summer?

--
kington99

Dave

Old October 7th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Air is 79% Nitrogen.

100% Nitrogen will escape from your tyre slightly more slowly than air
- but you will not notice the difference over a period of a couple of
weeks.

The pressure in your tyre will change even during a ride. Riding warms
up the air in the tyre and increases the pressure slightly.

Check your tyre pressure with a biodigital gauge before each ride.
(That means pinch it between your fingers.)

If the pressure appears a little low, this can easily be rectified
using a pump. Make sure you use a bicycle pump, not a water pump, heat
pump or a pair of pumps.

--
Mikefule

In democracies, most people vote for the candidate most like themselves.
Unfortunately, most people are stupid.
Old October 7th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
1-wheeled-grape

If the tyre goes down with air, you can pump it up. If it goes down with
nitrogen you have pay to top it up. Pumping up the tyre every now and
again makes no harm really.

--
1-wheeled-grape

*this signature is pointless... do not **even bother reading it, it
would be a waste of time

you wasted your time didn't you?
*
Old October 7th 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unibikeling

i dont know why you'd put nitrogen in your uni tire, since you'd just
get a snake bite pop anyway, and it'd leak

i have no real comment in this thread, just that i hate trials in
winter, since your tire pigs, and its hard to bounce.

--
unibikeling