Coker Muni

Old November 4th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
vivalargo

Default Coker Muni

It's totally possible to ride fairly technical single tracks on the
Coker but the limiting factor is gear--unless there's gear I haven't
heard of. I slapped some Black Widow 175's on and bent them (slightly)
on a measly two foot drop. Rolling hops (drops) seem to be are okay.
But I'm not much of a Coker dude so far as knowledge and experience
goes--maybe there's some way to string a Airfoil rim to a Profile hub
or something since the other hubs are garbage--like tin.

Don't know what the outter envelop is here but I reckon to find out
tomorrow with the OC crew.

JL

--
vivalargo
vivalargo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5625

Old November 4th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
JustOneWheel

I smell a California Coker MUni Weekend

I will start saving extra wheel sets now.

Coker MUni is extremely addicting as well as the best ride and most fun
you can have on one wheel.

CokerNut

--
JustOneWheel

There is no better way to have Fun and Exercise. "UNICYCLE"
Every one should have "FUN ON ONE"
JustOneWheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9237

Old November 4th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Trapper

Hit up Scott Wallis. He's running a Dave Stockton wheelset on his Coker
on our local trails and isn't pussy-footing around with it either. I
don't know what cranks he's got on it though.

--
Trapper
Trapper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10341

Old November 4th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
phlegm

vivalargo wrote:
maybe there's some way to string a Airfoil rim to a Profile hub or
something since the other hubs are garbage--like tin.

If I remember correctly, 'Trevor' (http://www.tlb.org/) has an Airfoil
laced to a Profile hub.

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old November 4th 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

vivalargo wrote:
It's totally possible to ride fairly technical single tracks on the
Coker but the limiting factor is gear--unless there's gear I haven't
heard of. I slapped some Black Widow 175's on and bent them (slightly)
on a measly two foot drop. Rolling hops (drops) seem to be are okay.
But I'm not much of a Coker dude so far as knowledge and experience
goes--maybe there's some way to string a Airfoil rim to a Profile hub
or something since the other hubs are garbage--like tin.

Don't know what the outter envelop is here but I reckon to find out
tomorrow with the OC crew.

JL

I'm using the 'PDC modified Kooka cranks'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51014) with my Coker
now. They're drilled for 130, 150, 170. The Kooka cranks are strong.
If you can find some, get them.

The Black Widows aren't that strong for more aggressive muni riding.
An inexpensive alternative would be Sugino tandem cranks. They are
available in 170 or 175. The captain's right crank on a tandem has no
spider. So you get a RH captain's crank and pair it with a matching LH
normal crank. You can get the Sugino cranks from any bike shop that
has the QBC catalog. Price is $15-$20 for each crank (so $30-$40 for
the pair). 'Alfred E. Bike' (http://aebike.com/index.cfm) has them in
their online catalog (search the catalog for "tandem"). They're better
than the Black Widow's, but still not the strongest cranks around.

The problem with a Profile hub is that the hub is too narrow. The
wheel build will not be very strong. You need a wide hub.

The other problem will be keeping the wheel true. I regularly knock my
Coker wheel out of true doing XC muni with it. It will go out of true
and rub the brake. A Stockton wheel build would do better (mine is a
local wheel build). But the big wheel can only take so much before it
will go out of true.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old November 4th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

when i get my coker i'll ride it till it dies, then i'll get an airfoil,
then i'll get koxx hub and cranks. i'll get the hub widened by anther
20mm and it'll be sweet

--
iridemymuni

munipsycho wrote:
Just a bit of advice: never vomit while wearing a full-face helmet.

irvinegr wrote:
haha i just thaught it was funny the title is "3th movie"

pixystix6 wrote:
oo give him and intising lap dance while he rubs pasteries all over you

'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old November 4th 06, 06:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

kh moment hub, zoo ffw cranks.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

I pulled a sick trey varial hickflip over an 8 set yesterday, but
unfortunately it was supposed to be seat in to seat out. I've named it
the dioflip
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old November 4th 06, 02:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tellurider

It would be great if Kris Holm would make a wide hub version of his new
moment hubs for cokers. I wonder what his minimum number of hubs whould
be for it to be cost efective.

--
Tellurider
Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972

Old November 4th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

Tellurider wrote:
It would be great if Kris Holm would make a wide hub version of his new
moment hubs for cokers. I wonder what his minimum number of hubs whould
be for it to be cost efective.

Which would open him up to demands for more crank lengths. He can't
win. Give us something and we want more.

A wide Moment hub with a suitable selection of crank sizes would be
most excellent.

Then we'll need suitable frames that fit the 42mm bearing size.

Old November 4th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mscalisi

He does indeed have profiles, but I think it's on the steel rim.

phlegm wrote:
If I remember correctly, 'Trevor' (http://www.tlb.org/) has an Airfoil
laced to a Profile hub.

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961

Coker Muni in the Mud [Video] nathan Unicycling 10 May 16th 06 08:56 PM
My MUni is jealous of my Coker munipsycho Unicycling 4 September 16th 05 01:17 PM
Coker muni question leadpan Unicycling 3 May 20th 05 12:54 PM
170s on Coker for MUni, which ones under $30 Memphis Mud Unicycling 7 February 19th 05 09:04 PM
Junior "MUni" Coker jason Unicycling 10 January 21st 04 01:12 AM