Coker Radius, tire width and brake question

Old March 17th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
osmundo

Default Coker Radius, tire width and brake question

I'm going to build up a 36er with the new KH/Schlumpf hub and the triton
frame. Dmitry needs the coker radius...does anyone know offhand the
radius? Would it be many different with the new Nightrider tire (at 65
psi) and rim?
The tire width is still 2.3, correct?
Finally, the issue of brake bosses. In general, I am anti-brake. I've
never felt a need for a brake running 125s on my Coker as fast as I
can. I am also thinking the same about the guni, but is that foolish?
Are there any other anti-brake people that moved to GUNi and changed
their perspective?
Thanks for your input.

--
osmundo
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 17th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

i believe the wheel radius is approx 18 1/4 inches, of course it varies
depending on tyre wear and which batch of tyrs you've got.

--
kington99

Dave

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 17th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gazza

The tire may say 2.3" but it does not mean much to me. I have seen 2.3
tires that had different physical size

What I want is the center of the axle to TOP of the tire measurement.
And the actual tyre width in its widest.
In mm
I want the frame fit the actual tire, not some virtual one.

--
gazza

*Triton Bikes*

Custom Titanium bikes and unicycles handmade in Russia
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 17th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
GizmoDuck

Watching with interest

I'm going to order one when I get back home from Uninam.

Are you using ISIS hubs? Magura or regular brake mounts?

--
GizmoDuck

The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!! www.uninam.net

The Monguni 2009....Unicycle Tour of Mongolia

Email me for details.
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 17th 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
U-Turn

The best way is to build your wheel first, then take measurements
yourself as directed by the frame maker. Even better, give the frame
maker the wheel to measure himself. Good luck!

--
U-Turn

-- Dave Stockton
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

I will measure my wheel when I get home. It has a TA tire on a Airfoil
rim.

--
saskatchewanian
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
osmundo

I haven't actually received the wheel set yet. I snagged the last
KH/Schumpf UDC had in stock, but they are out of 14 gauge spokes, so
the wheel build will take a while...
Again, the goal is the KH Guni, (ISIS geared hub) with the new Nimbus
rim and tire. (and then to somehow salvage my marriage when she finds
out how much I am spending)
Anyone have the new Nimbus tire/rim that they could measure the actual
width?
Thanks

--
osmundo
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

osmundo wrote:
I haven't actually received the wheel set yet. I snagged the last
KH/Schumpf UDC had in stock, but they are out of 14 gauge spokes, so
the wheel build will take a while...
Again, the goal is the KH Guni, (ISIS geared hub) with the new Nimbus
rim and tire. (and then to somehow salvage my marriage when she finds
out how much I am spending)
Anyone have the new Nimbus tire/rim that they could measure the actual
width?
Thanks

Do you have to get spokes from udc?

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish at gmail dot com
msn: mornish at gmail dot com
'Miles Land' (http://mornish.blogspot.com/)
'California Mountain Unicycle Weekend 2008'
(http://cmw08.blogspot.com/)
Matt wrote:
Yeah I do, but, I'm lazy you see... it's this disease and uh, I haven't
taken my medication?

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 06:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

saskatchewanian wrote:
I will measure my wheel when I get home. It has a TA tire on a Airfoil
rim.

uh, sorry, left my wheel at a friends house and got a ride home. St.
Pattys day and all.

--
saskatchewanian
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 18th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

osmundo wrote:
Finally, the issue of brake bosses. In general, I am anti-brake. I've
never felt a need for a brake running 125s on my Coker as fast as I
can. I am also thinking the same about the guni, but is that foolish?
Are there any other anti-brake people that moved to GUNi and changed
their perspective?

Yes. I have brakes on my Schlumpf, without it it is not so good on the
downhills in high gear, as it's too easy to get out of control.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44
http://www.usenet.com

Newbie query re rim width vs. tire width (longish) [email protected] Techniques 4 April 9th 07 01:42 PM
A bloody STUPID Coker brake question here! leadpan Unicycling 3 October 25th 06 08:46 AM
Tire / Brake question dgk General 18 May 4th 05 02:11 AM
MTB - Rim width vs. Tire width Ned Mantei Techniques 5 July 11th 04 12:01 AM
Matching tire width to rim width. mscalisi Unicycling 4 April 15th 04 05:48 PM