CANADA: Where To Buy New York Bike Locks?

Old June 11th 11, 07:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default CANADA: Where To Buy New York Bike Locks?

On Jun 7, 8:30*pm, Chess Gator wrote:
Hi,

Kryptonite has strict demographic contracts with wholesalers/
retailers. *USA people can only buy in the USA and Canadian people can
only buy in Canada.

If you want to buy in the USA, Amazon.com has excellent prices and
choice.

I still cannot find anyone close to Amazon.com prices in Canada.
Amazon.ca only carries a couple of the Kryptonites locks, but not the
one I am after.

Keep looking, I need help!

Thank you

I assume you've already done your homework to select the New York
lock. Just in case you can't find one and need to select an
alternative available in Canada, here's a list of the good locks
compiled by London messengers and commuters:
http://www.lfgss.com/thread17938.html
Out of that lot, I chose this one, which has an excellent reputation
and is relatively light (no useful lock is actually light):
Abus Granit X-Plus 54 [13mm] (7 tons pull resistance) £53.99 [1.84kgs
(300cm); 1.4kgs (230cm)]
http://www.abus.de/us/main.asp?Scree...4003318229756m
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ab...ck/5360028494/
TEST - http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...-plus-54-10512

I've been very happy with it. The bikeside clip is a pleasure to
operate, and the keylock too. Even the light on the key, which I
assumed was a poncey gimmick, is useful. Use on several occasions as a
hammer to defend myself from carelessly driven SUVs has not left a
single mark on the Abus lock. It's excellently made and finished, and
will clearly last forever. Only downside is that it is pricey, but
then you're already resigned to that if you want a New York lock!

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Bicycles at
http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html
Old June 11th 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jun 10, 11:56 pm, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

I got the Evolution Mini:

http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...on-mini-u-lock

.... and a cable:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...7&category=111

A cute and effective combination. I made a neoprene pouch for the u-
lock (which fits in rear pocket of Levis) out of an old bootie, which
serves as a pad between bike and whatever I might lock it to.

I don't park in dark alleys. I imagine most bike thieves would take
one look and move on.

I guess it amounts to something between 1 and 2% of the total weight I
haul over the hills.

snip
Old June 14th 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

find a sling chain hoist cable shop
buy needed lengths of flat chain
and a unpickable lock from ???

more adaptable than the cycle lock.
heavy ? carry when necessary

Old June 14th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

kolldata wrote:
find a sling chain hoist cable shop
buy needed lengths of flat chain
and a unpickable lock from ???

more adaptable than the cycle lock.
heavy ? carry when necessary

Italian anchor chain:
http://www.chainsropesandanchors.co....18b45c54dd2a1e

http://preview.tinyurl.com/62xcjsr

Note company description at top left!

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 14th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

iTALIANS are not getting the best deal with fleeing North Africans

sailing hardware is excellent AND expensive. There’s a small boat
sailing class, whose designation I forget, carries a full adjustable
sloop rig.
If you need security then replace quick releases, install security
headbolts for all Allen/hex key bolts, cover bar with a heavy sack or
better take it with you using cable disconnects then lace wheels and
frame with chain.
Where’s the post/saddle ? In the post saddle bag off course.
Rememember, screw the seat tube cover in not tight or the o ring will
crush out.
Now, where’s your garbage can nylon cover bag ? with odor….
That’s a computer choice
1 FISH
2 ROTTEN BURGER
3 BASIC PIZZA
4 CAST OFF FETUS
7 DOG FECES
8 DIAPER ODOR
………

wanna be mechanics have stopped dead at Utube...lookit the post
activity .
Old June 14th 11, 05:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Jun 13, 9:07*pm, kolldata wrote:
[...]

damn laptop malfunctions

http://www.chainsropesandanchors.co....18b45c54dd2a1e

http://www.h-lift.com/

http://www.h-lift.com/grade80_alloy_chain.htm

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=
Old June 14th 11, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tºm Shermªn °_°

Default OT - Food

On 6/13/2011 11:07 PM, kolldata wrote:
[...]
1 FISH
2 ROTTEN BURGER
3 BASIC PIZZA
4 CAST OFF FETUS
7 DOG FECES
8 DIAPER ODOR

[...]

Damn. Now I am hungry.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old June 14th 11, 06:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

On Jun 13, 10:14*pm, Tºm Shermªn °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 6/13/2011 11:07 PM, kolldata wrote:
* [...] 1 FISH
2 ROTTEN BURGER
3 BASIC PIZZA
4 CAST OFF FETUS
7 DOG FECES
8 DIAPER ODOR

[...]

Damn. *Now I am hungry.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

RECUMBENT !
Old June 14th 11, 08:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

kolldata wrote:

find a sling chain hoist cable shop
buy needed lengths of flat chain
and a unpickable lock from ???

more adaptable than the cycle lock.
heavy ? carry when necessary

I'm holding out for the Kryptonite Great Eastern:

http://www.ikbrunel.org.uk/userFiles...stern18573.jpg

Chalo
Old June 14th 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
kolldata

eyeyyeyahhahaha
prob THE #1 chain photo. and appro ! CBSA West Coast has twice warned
me of Canadians,dishonesty, theivery, criminal and off course,
generally boorish behaviors. They should know right ? TSK

next time yawl run into a ship's chain, go over and poke it for a
reality check.