KH seat and Hunter frame

Old September 9th 04, 01:11 AM
corbin

Default KH seat and Hunter frame

Hi All,
My girlfriend has a Hunter frame with an old Miata seat (I think). I
bought her a new KH seat, but the bolt holes on the old post don't work
for the KH seat, and it is too small of an area to drill new ones.

What post on unicycle.com can I get that fits inside the Hunter frame? I
can't quite figure out what diameter I need, and which post will work
with the KH seat.

Thanks all!
Corbin

--
corbin - Treehouse Muni Rider
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

Old September 9th 04, 04:31 AM
matthewwegner

My Hunter MUni has this configuration with a KH seat:

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=663

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=276 (26.8 diameter)

Hope this helps!

--
matthewwegner - Arizona MUni
matthewwegner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7604

Old September 9th 04, 04:37 PM
corbin

cool, thanks! Unfortunatly, my girlfriend is so short, that the post has
to be really short. The extra height that the rail gives would make it
too tall for her.

There doesn't seem to be any traditional seatposts that are 26.8 in
diameter.

Would it be possible for me to get this:

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=608

which is 22.2, and get an adapter to make it work with the 26.8? If
so...where could I get such an adapter?

These shims may work:

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=252

But, I don't know for sure.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you all!

Old September 9th 04, 06:10 PM
jorkee

this is universal seat post but not for kh seat under kh seat there is
no place for big plate like this. you need seat post made for kh seat or
torker dx no matter or set of the wilder bracket or something simmilar
and bike seat post...

best regards

--
jorkee - Unicycling is great
jorkee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4846

Old September 9th 04, 06:16 PM
jorkee

or you can make the plate for kh at local welder and weldet it to the
original seat post in plase of the old plate that will be cut off....

no more ideas

best regards

--
jorkee - Unicycling is great

there is nothing better in unicycling than air under the ass...

http://www.unicycle.republika.pl
jorkee's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4846

Old September 9th 04, 06:20 PM
matthewwegner

I just cut my seat post when I got the MUni, was a little too high even
for me.

Old September 9th 04, 08:44 PM
nathan

Corbin, one of the world's best shim makers lives just down the road
from you. Rick Hunter can make any shim you need pretty easily.

He has sometimes used 25.4 seatpost stock (like on my Hunter36) and
sometimes 26.8. 26.8 used to be a standard mountain bike seatpost size
but has fallen out of favor in recent years. For your case, I'd
recommend a shim and a normal 22.2 unicycle seatpost.

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Anyone recommend Hunter frames? one wheeled stallion Unicycling 48 June 22nd 04 04:26 AM
Hunter - brakes, why on rear stays? The Munieer Unicycling 2 February 4th 04 07:37 AM
Hunter Info unicycle_x Unicycling 21 January 15th 04 04:34 PM
KH aluminum Muni frame - is one being considered? teachndad Unicycling 18 October 29th 03 07:20 PM
New Coker: Hunter frame, Stockton wheel rubic Unicycling 14 September 15th 03 04:07 PM