TDF Time Trials and water bottles...

Old July 19th 03, 07:33 PM
Rivermist

Default TDF Time Trials and water bottles...

They spend tons of money making their bike as aero as they can, and spend
time in wind tunnels getting just the right position on the bike.

It seems like they could spend $12 for some kind of aero-drink system
instead of reaching down and grabbing a bottle.

Are they illegal or something?

Old July 20th 03, 12:36 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Rivermist wrote in message ...

It seems like they could spend $12 for some kind of aero-drink system
instead of reaching down and grabbing a bottle.

Please, we are pro roadies, we sure in the heck don't
want to start looking like tri-geeks and other FREDS.

Old July 21st 03, 01:44 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Rivermist wrote in message ...
and how did you do in your last time trial?

Any TT under 20 km does not require water, you're
riding flat out.

Anything over that then use a normal bottle.

Old July 22nd 03, 04:03 AM
SH

hehehe well said
Maybe they could shave down and ride in their Speedos

Old July 20th 03, 05:22 AM
one of the six billion

John Cobb, aerodynamics guru (and consultant to Lance Armstrong) has done
wind tunnel tests showing that bottles mounted traditionally on the down
tube are more aerodynamic than bottles mounted behind the seat and even
more aero than no bottles at all. Of course as Lance has demonstrated in
the last ITT of the current Tour, drinking enough water is faster than not.

http://www.analyticcycling.com/RiderAeroStudy.html