Guns On Bikes???

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th 04, 02:05 AM
Bubba@FL

Default Guns On Bikes???

Why in the world would you need to carry a gun while riding a bike? If it is
truly that bad where you ride, I'd suggest another route. I live in Florida
and also possess a CCW but would never consider carrying a gun on my bike.
While the laws vary from state to state as to where a gun may be carried or
how it may be transported, most agree on one thing. The use of "deadly
force" MAY be allowed in a situation where there is absolutely no other
option. This means if you are able to run away or otherwise avoid a conflict
you ARE NOT justified to use deadly force. Depending upon the state you're
in, these conditions may not apply if you are in your home. In Florida, for
example, a law known as the Castle Doctrine says you MAY have the right to
use deadly force, without withdrawling, within your home should you believe
yourself or your family is in iminant danger. Notice that I capitolized the
words MAY. This is because, should you shoot someone, whether or not you
were justified to use deadly force will most likely be decided by a jury.
Anytime you use a gun, even if you just point it at someone, it becomes a
very serious situation and you will be held accountable for your actions. If
you do have a CCW in the state you're in, you should know it is your
responsibility, and no one elses, to know and understand all the laws
governing it. So please, be a responsible gun owner, be wise, and leave the
gun at home when you're out riding. Take care - BUBBA

Science Proves Mountain Biking Is More Harmful Than Hiking Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 18 July 16th 04 04:28 AM
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking BB Mountain Biking 31 July 4th 04 02:35 AM
Danny-boy flails some more! (was: Advice on a good hardtail.) Jonesy Mountain Biking 31 June 18th 04 08:01 PM
Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 11:06 PM