How many bikes do you have?

Old July 25th 03, 07:06 PM
Claire Petersky

Default How many bikes do you have?

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message .ca...

Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself
something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
Bortolo colors?

Mr. Mazzoleni, did you ever see my post in rbr, entitled "Style
Question for Fabrizio wrt Alexandre Vinokourov"? This post deals
directly with the team Fasso Bortolo colors and Vinokourov's hair, and
desperately needs your input.

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky )

Home of the meditative cyclist:
Singing with you at: http://www.tiferet.net/
Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky
Old July 25th 03, 10:16 PM
Stephen Harding

Claire Petersky wrote:

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message .ca...

Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself
something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
Bortolo colors?

Mr. Mazzoleni, did you ever see my post in rbr, entitled "Style
Question for Fabrizio wrt Alexandre Vinokourov"? This post deals
directly with the team Fasso Bortolo colors and Vinokourov's hair, and

Oh oh! "Mr. Mazzoleni"!

Sounds like maybe you're in trouble for that comment!

SMH
Old July 26th 03, 05:17 AM
Chris Zacho The Wheelman

I currently have 1 1/2.

The 1 is a Schwinn Voyager which I use for touring and club rides.

The 1/2 is the remains (components) of my Sh. Sierra MTB. The dropout
broke, and since repairing it cost more than what I paid for the frame
new, I decided to replace and, it seems, upgrade as well.

I am now awaiting delivery of a Rocky Mountain Reaper frame that will
wear these parts and eventually evolve into a "real" MTB.

If you do more than one type of riding, it's always nice to have the
proper tool for the job. The Sierra served it's purpose nicely when most
of it's miles (43,000) were commuting in the streets of El Lay, but that
need is not what it used to be, so I decided to go more for the offroad
capabilities.

May you have the wind at your back.
And a really low gear for the hills!
Chris

Chris'Z Corner
"The Website for the Common Bicyclist":
http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Old July 26th 03, 06:15 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

MisNomer wrote in message ...
Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello
Dogma at the moment.

The groupo is pretty well just your standard pro stuff, you know,
Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL wheels, Campy 10-speed, Deda Elimenti
Newtom 31 bars, Fork: Pinarello Onda, Pedals: Time, Stem: Deda
Newton 33 and S-shaped ONDA carbon fork.

Nothing much to get excited about.

Old July 26th 03, 08:37 AM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:59:57 -0500,
, Kevan Smith
/\/\ wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:47:19 -0700, Zoot Katz from
Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd. Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 00:47:15 -0500,
,
Kevan Smith /\/\ wrote:

Over here on team Fassa Bortolo we're riding the Pinarello
Dogma at the moment.

I like the Time frame and fork of Brioches La Boulangère bikes.

blah, blah, blah.

The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is
riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo all the way, eh!

It's not about the bike. It's about looking good.

In that case, everybody should go home. The podium girls have them all
beat.
--
zk
Old July 26th 03, 06:53 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:17:10 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
wrote:

Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself
something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
Bortolo colors?

Because only a midget can ride a 52cm frame and Fasso are a bunch of
losers? Just guessing here...

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]
Old July 26th 03, 07:52 PM
Rick Onanian

On 26 Jul 2003 07:59:57 -0700, Claire Petersky wrote:
about what we're going to do in the winter -- we have no warm place to
work on the bikes now. I have been saying we should rip out the carpet

How about a largish throw rug?

Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky )

--
Rick Onanian
Old July 26th 03, 09:02 PM
Patrick Lamb

Claire Petersky wrote:
My road bike
My husband's road bike
My husband's hybrid
My husband's mountain bike
My mountain bike, now handed down to my older daughter
An old touring bike that I'm supposed to be fixing up
A tandem
My younger daughter's bike
The bike the two kids have outgrown
The bike trailer

The bikes are in the garage; the cars are in the driveway.

Isn't that what garages are for? The cars' seats are covered, and drive
trains in a car are sealed.

My garage contains:
my tourer
my younger daughter's road bike
my former mountain bike, now handed down to the older daughter
my wife's hybrid, formerly ridden by the younger daughter (although it
was never hers!)
two old mountain bikes, outgrown by said daughters
my old Schwinn Letour (and two 700c rims I'm going to rebuild the wheels
with Real Soon Now)
and the girls' old 20" bike, in reserve for when my niece loses hers...

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant.
Correct email address like pdlamb 'round-about comcast point net.

18" Boy's and 22" Girl's Bikes? Paul C. Cox General 3 July 23rd 03 01:58 AM
ladies mountain bikes Alastair General 9 July 23rd 03 01:18 AM
Prego's and bikes sunkissed General 7 July 21st 03 01:28 AM
Rank Theses Bikes From Best to Worst Rich General 4 July 16th 03 09:35 PM
Van Tuyl Bikes? nobody General 1 July 15th 03 09:32 AM