How many bikes do you have?

Old July 26th 03, 11:20 PM
David Storm

Default How many bikes do you have?

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:55:04 GMT,
, MisNomer
wrote:

Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

Logically, four bikes are the absolute minimum.

Four directions, four seasons, four elements.

Road - This can be a touring, audax or racing bike.
Street - For utility or commuter cycling.
Dirt - BMX, downhill, trails, XC etc.
Track - This can be a track bike if you live near a velodrome or just
a wild card bike that might be your chopper, penny farthing replica,
recumbent or other whacked out bike all bike whackos must have.

I've eleven and now a unicycle too.
--
zk

- a 1975 Motobecane Grand Tour for riding around town and in park - in barn
- a 2002 Cannonade T2000 for loaded touring and out back gravel roads - barn
- a 1999 Cannondale R1000 backup road bike - garage
- a 2003 Trek 5500 road bike - living room

Old July 27th 03, 01:59 AM

The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is
riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo all the way, eh

I thought US Postal won the team time trial and they are riding TREKs.

(remove clothes to reply)
Old July 27th 03, 02:00 AM

Logically, four bikes are the absolute minimum.

Four directions, four seasons, four elements.

Road - This can be a touring, audax or racing bike.

Touring bike
Audax bike
Racing bike
That is 3 good ones to start with

(remove clothes to reply)
Old July 27th 03, 03:55 AM
Mark Jones

"MisNomer" wrote in message
Its always nice to have 1 - but is 2 or 3 better?

I had 3, but I gave the 10 speed away because I wasn't going
to ride it anymore after buying two new bicycles.

Old July 27th 03, 04:02 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

B wrote in message ...

I thought US Postal won the team time trial and they are riding TREKs.

Yep, those carbon frames put 1.45 on those lame Cervélos.

Zoot is always a bit out of things.

Old July 27th 03, 12:22 PM
Jim Price

Mike Kruger wrote:
Jim Price wrote:

2 unicycles (20" and 2")

Is 2 inch a typo, or a unicycle with an in-line skating wheel?

That should be 24".

Nice homebuilt recumbent, by the way.

Thankyou.

--
Jim Price

http://www.jimprice.dsl.pipex.com

Old July 27th 03, 12:26 PM
Jim Price

MisNomer wrote:

which brings up another question.... where do you keep these bikes.

I want to convert the shed outside into a "bike garage". The man says "where
are we going to put the lawnmower"?

I only have a small 2 up 2 down house, but thanks to some fundamental
modifications to the basic design of the stairwell, I get 4 bikes under
the stairs and 4 above. The bottom 5 steps are hinged so I can get the
bikes under the stairs out easily. The rest hang out in the living room
by the door, or hung form the walls/ceiling. I stopped keeping bikes in
the shed years ago, as I got fed up with cleaning the winter rust off
them every spring.

Old July 27th 03, 12:38 PM
Jim Price

W K wrote:

"Jim Price" wrote in message
Without going into too much detail about 19 bikes they are...

snip
You're missing an audax bike and a tandem.

Well spotted. The training bike would become the Audax bike if I joined
Audax. I currently have two old steel frames and a welder, and I'm
tempted to do a cut and shut job. All I need now is a source of small
amounts of steel tube in the UK and some practice welding...

Old July 27th 03, 03:51 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:17:10 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
wrote:

Why not sell that whole mess and get yourself
something like an 52cm Pinarello in team Fasso
Bortolo colors?

Because only a midget can ride a 52cm frame and Fasso are a bunch of
losers? Just guessing here...

Guy, you misunderstand the hierarchy of Fabrizian interest. If you
require a frame bigger than 52 cm, then you are clearly too big to be a
serious Euro-pro like Fabrizio. And while Fassa Bortolo may be losers,
they look good doing it.

And they got a tour invitation, unlike those Domina Vacanze losers,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old July 27th 03, 09:06 PM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 26 Jul 2003 23:59:13 GMT,
, hoping for a ride,
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote in message ...

The FASTEST (remember this IS a race after all) team on the tour is
riding Canadian bikes. Cervélo all the way, eh!

What are you talking about, Millar took 9 seconds out of Ty
today. And a carbon bike is 6.32 ahead of the Cervolo in
the overall standings, Robbie has 178 points in the sprinting
compared with 85 for Tyler riding the Cervelo.

The only reason Tyler stayed away the other day was that no
one was willing to take up the chase, not because your damn
north american Cervelo was faster than Italian frames.

How did you figure?

Overall team standings for the Tour: CSC is #1, CSC rides Cervélo.

Am I missing something here?
--
zk

18" Boy's and 22" Girl's Bikes? Paul C. Cox General 3 July 23rd 03 01:58 AM
ladies mountain bikes Alastair General 9 July 23rd 03 01:18 AM
Prego's and bikes sunkissed General 7 July 21st 03 01:28 AM
Rank Theses Bikes From Best to Worst Rich General 4 July 16th 03 09:35 PM
Van Tuyl Bikes? nobody General 1 July 15th 03 09:32 AM