FA: 54cm Fixed gear 700c Road frame

Old October 20th 03, 07:55 PM
Ian Yates

Default FA: 54cm Fixed gear 700c Road frame

Offered for sale is a 54cm (centre-to-top) 700c Fixed wheel frame
custom made in 2001 from Columbus SP. Would make an excellent
'Courier' type bike.
This frame is in A1 condition. It was built as a Fixed Gear tourer. To
many custom features to mention

Seat tube is 54cm (centre-to-top)
Top tube is 56cm (centre-to-centre)
Rear dropout width is 135mm
275mm bottom bracket heigh.
Clearance for 700C x 32mm wheels (mudguard eyes in rear dropout and
halfway up fork -to avoid disk brake)
LS Cast horizontal track ends
Everest investment 'cast racing' lugs
Everest Uni-Crown fork crown
Disk brake specific fork to suit 155-160mm disk. With braze on HOPE
Remote Reservoir on right blade.
Cantilever/V-Brake braze ons on the seat stays.
Dynamo braze on on the left fork blade
3 top tube cable guides on top of top tube (offset to left of tube)
Bottle cage bosses on seat tube.
1" AHead size head tube and steerer
Seat pillar size - 26.8mm (not included).
31.8mm down tube diameter
28.6mm Seat tube diameter
25.4mm top tude diameter
Low temperature Silver soldered/brazed throughout
Hidden rear mudguard fixing points at chainstay and seatstay bridge
(no external bridges needed)
Double eyelets on front fork ends
No Reserve.

Thanks,
Ian Yates
Blackburn CTC
Old October 21st 03, 10:08 PM
Steve French

After digging on EBAY I found it at:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ategory=72 98

Now can someone tell me what a courier type bike is???
'Courier' type bike.

Also why would you have a disk brake on the front and V brakes on the
rear? Has it got something to do with it being fixed gear?

Thanks,
Steve
Old October 21st 03, 10:11 PM
Ian Yates

Sorry about missing the link in my top post:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=36330371 69

Ian
Old October 22nd 03, 07:20 AM
Ian Yates

Steve,

After digging on EBAY I found it at:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ategory=72 98
Yes. Sorry I forgot the link...

Now can someone tell me what a courier type bike is???
'Courier' type bike.

Well, I had the frame made as something I could use when I work in
London (about 10 days a month), and also ride on Sunday clubruns in
the Yorkshire Dales at weekend.

Also why would you have a disk brake on the front and V brakes on the
rear? Has it got something to do with it being fixed gear?

Front disk for its all weather great stopping power. I use a Hope XC4
155mm disk brake which is very light but also very powerful. This is
superb in towns as well as on green lanes on a Sunday. The rear brake
has to be a cantilever as the wheel moves backwards and forwards to
get chain tension.

Hope that helps - happy bidding,
Ian
Old October 22nd 03, 10:15 AM
Clive George

"Ian Yates" wrote in message
om...

Front disk for its all weather great stopping power. I use a Hope XC4
155mm disk brake which is very light but also very powerful. This is
superb in towns as well as on green lanes on a Sunday. The rear brake
has to be a cantilever as the wheel moves backwards and forwards to
get chain tension.

Mmmm, just look at those front dropout angles. No lawyer lips neither. Have
you read James Annan's stuff?

cheers,
clive

Old October 22nd 03, 10:35 AM
Simon Brooke

(Steve French) writes:

After digging on EBAY I found it at:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ategory=72 98

Now can someone tell me what a courier type bike is???
'Courier' type bike.

Also why would you have a disk brake on the front and V brakes on the
rear? Has it got something to do with it being fixed gear?

Most of the stopping is done by the front brake, and, indeed, the
harder you stop, the less work gets done by the back. So if you're
going to have one brake more powerful than the other it makes sense to
put it on the front.

Wise man with foot in mouth use opportunity to clean toes.
;; the Worlock