I hate Harley Davidson!

Old August 17th 03, 04:44 AM
Mark Jones

Default I hate Harley Davidson!

"Rick Onanian" wrote in message
news
On 16 Aug 2003 09:24:12 -0700, Alexey Merz wrote:
I would never want to
be without a truck after owning one for three years.

It's just a tool, not a part of your personality. Isn't it?

I don't know about him, but my truck is certainly
a part of my personality. I've accessorized it to
my taste, and people know it's me when I show up.

Further, it is the most comfortable and versatile
way I can ever go anywhere and/or carry anything.

I have a car, truck and 2 bicycles. I do not plan to
get rid of any of them. My Corvette has been customized
a little to make it more powerful and able to corner
a lot better than stock.

The bicycle only group can do that if they want to,
but I would never consider it at all.

Old August 17th 03, 10:58 AM
Phil

Default I Love Harley Davidson!

Try riding a recumbent lowracer or trike, if you want to get lots of
annoying questions - I am tempted to go back to riding uprights just so
I can be anonymous.

Tom...

There's a few recumbent riders here, and I have passed them on the MC and guess
what...they all wave and of course I wave back, but I was surprised the first
time. It must be because they look cool and interesting.

What is your average speed on a typical ride on your recumbent?

Phil
(Harveywallbanger)

Old August 17th 03, 03:08 PM
Tom Sherman

Phil wrote:

Try riding a recumbent lowracer or trike, if you want to get lots of
annoying questions - I am tempted to go back to riding uprights just so
I can be anonymous.

Tom...

There's a few recumbent riders here, and I have passed them on the MC and guess
what...they all wave and of course I wave back, but I was surprised the first
time. It must be because they look cool and interesting.

What is your average speed on a typical ride on your recumbent?

I probably should not answer this, as it could ignite an uprights vs.
recumbents flame war.

My average speeds vary greatly - on a recent invitational ride on my
trike (designed more for comfort than speed) I averaged a little over 12
mph (~20 kph). I was not putting out a high effort, however.

On another invitational ride along the Illinois River valley, I averaged
almost 18 mph (~30 kph) over 108 miles (~175 km) on my lowracer.

It should be noted that I spend far too much time working, and too
little time riding, so I am not that fit of a rider.

Old August 17th 03, 04:32 PM
Alexey Merz

Rick Onanian wrote in message ...
On 16 Aug 2003 09:24:12 -0700, Alexey Merz wrote:
I would never want to
be without a truck after owning one for three years.

It's just a tool, not a part of your personality. Isn't it?

I don't know about him, but my truck is certainly
a part of my personality. I've accessorized it to
my taste, and people know it's me when I show up.

Hmm. I was bought up to take pride in my relationships, integrity,
abilities and accomplishments, not in inanimate objects. I guess you
were borught up with different values.

-Alex
Old August 17th 03, 06:05 PM
Eric S. Sande

I note that the replies so far have snipped this question. Why not?
Cat got your tongues?

Under the Constitution, in the United States of America, you can be
put to death for treason. This is applied most stringently in times
of war. Any questions should be referred to your nearest governmental
authority.

This does not apply to Canada or France, of course.

--

_______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________
------------------"Buddy Holly, the Texas Elvis"------------------
Old August 17th 03, 07:48 PM
Sorni

"Alexey Merz" wrote in message
m...
Rick Onanian wrote in message

On 16 Aug 2003 09:24:12 -0700, Alexey Merz wrote:
I would never want to
be without a truck after owning one for three years.

It's just a tool, not a part of your personality. Isn't it?

I don't know about him, but my truck is certainly
a part of my personality. I've accessorized it to
my taste, and people know it's me when I show up.

Hmm. I was bought up to take pride in my relationships, integrity,
abilities and accomplishments, not in inanimate objects. I guess you
were borught up with different values.

You left out smug and judgmental. Your upbringing obviously taught you
those, too.

Bill "and Rick's spellchecker works, too" S.

Old August 18th 03, 05:29 PM
Mark Jones

"Alexey Merz" wrote in message
m...
Rick Onanian wrote in message

On 16 Aug 2003 09:24:12 -0700, Alexey Merz wrote:
I would never want to
be without a truck after owning one for three years.

It's just a tool, not a part of your personality. Isn't it?

I don't know about him, but my truck is certainly
a part of my personality. I've accessorized it to
my taste, and people know it's me when I show up.

Hmm. I was bought up to take pride in my relationships, integrity,
abilities and accomplishments, not in inanimate objects. I guess you
were borught up with different values.

I take pride in these things and more. It appears that
you don't like as many things as I do.