I hate Harley Davidson!

Old August 9th 03, 02:44 AM
Zoot Katz

Default I hate Harley Davidson!

Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:35:48 -0500,
,
dweeboid, "Mark Jones" lamed:

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
la dee da.

I frequently carry home junkers with my bicycle. I've even taken two
at once.
Fridges? Don't need no steenkin' truck for that either, hero.

BFD

I regularly carry a more useful loads with my bike than you've ever
moved in your plastic chebby.
--
zk
Old August 9th 03, 02:43 PM
Rick Onanian

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:34:34 -0500, Mark Jones wrote:
"Rick Onanian" wrote in message
news
-- Have to dispose of two vehicles, instead of one,
at the end of their useful lives...and believe
me, you get a lot more mileage out of a vehicle
than you do years, so one vehicle == less waste.

I have put less than 5,000 miles per year on both
my car and truck. I just don't drive them very far.

Eliminating one of those vehicles would save you a
lot of money, and would save environmentalists a
lot of heartache. I'm guessing that you only drive
when you need to carry a lot of people (car) or when
you need to carry bulky stuff (truck), and can't get
rid of either because the truck doesn't have a
backseat.

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 9th 03, 03:08 PM
GregR

Default I Love Harley Davidson!

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 20:22:45 -0500, "Jeff"
wrote:

Okay, as an alternative to the thread that's been going on and on and on...

If you don't like the way some HD customers use their bikes, I can agree
with that. Most of the HD riders I know, and I know many, are very
friendly, decent people - the type of folks you'd want to have as neighbors.
rant off

Have a great weekend. Personally, I'm looking forward to a couple of hours
cycling in Birds Hill Park tomorrow, against the wind and up hill all the
way.

Harley's are for fat, old men who are too lazy to pedal.

Old August 9th 03, 05:33 PM
Mark Jones

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:35:48 -0500,
,
dweeboid, "Mark Jones" lamed:

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message
la dee da.

I frequently carry home junkers with my bicycle. I've even taken two
at once.
Fridges? Don't need no steenkin' truck for that either, hero.

BFD

I regularly carry a more useful loads with my bike than you've ever
moved in your plastic chebby.

I have had the hatch area fully loaded on several occasions.
This is normally done when I drive a long distance on vacation.
People are usually surprised at how much cargo capacity
there is in the back of one of these cars.

Have you ever hauled two weeks worth of groceries home
on your bicycle? My car can easily hold this much cargo.

I don't need to haul heavy loads in my car as I can use my
4x4 truck for this. If I saw someone trying to haul a heavy
load behind a bicycle, I would think that the person was
either a nut or a cheapskate.

My two bicycles are about having fun and not about using
them as primary transportation. I would never want to
be without a truck after owning one for three years.

Old August 9th 03, 07:30 PM
Rick Onanian

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 11:25:21 -0500, Mark Jones wrote:
Wrong on all points. I drive the truck a lot more than
I do the car. The car is a Corvette with only two bucket
seats. Not going to haul much with it. The Corvette gets
driven about 2,000 miles a year and is something that
I intend to have for many more years.

That is an entirely different case. You said before
that you have a "car and a truck", not a "Corvette
and a truck". A Corvette is not a matter of conflict
with having another vehicle; a Corvette is not a
daily-use vehicle.

I wish I had a Corvette.

Hell, I'd settle for a Camaro.

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 9th 03, 07:48 PM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:30:59 -0400, ,
Rick Onanian wrote:

Hell, I'd settle for a Camaro.

Yeah, but then you'd have to wear a mullet or people would think you
stole the car.
--
zk
Old August 9th 03, 07:56 PM
Bill Kizer

I am a fat old man on crack and I will whip your ass faggot!

Give me a call - 760 518 2493 - WIld BILL CRACK HEAD!!
Old August 9th 03, 11:36 PM
Mark Hickey

"Jeff" wrote:

HD produces an excellent product. If you doubt it, buy a Harley today and
sell it 5 years from now for as much as you paid for it (try doing that with
your run of the mill car). In 10 years, you'll probably be able to sell it
for more than you paid for it.

That has been the case, but I suspect that at some point in the not
too distant future the HD will no longer be the yuppy toy of choice,
and the value of a used V-twin will drop like a rock.

THAT will be the time to buy one (if you were ever so inclined). I've
owned a lot of other bikes, and now ride what I've always wanted - a
BMW K100RS. Wouldn't trade it for a V-twin anything - at least not if
I couldn't sell the V-twin and buy another BMW K-bike.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old August 10th 03, 12:57 AM
Zoot Katz

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 22:36:03 GMT,
,
Mark Hickey wrote:

I haven't ever had any "situation" with a motorcyclist - I think most
of them realize they have more in common with us than with anything on
four wheels

That's been my experience as well. I've no animosity toward them
having previously owned and regularly ridden motorcycles.

I'm almost disappointed when the hog-herders don't blat out a fossil
fart while passing me. I've become accustomed to that knowing they're
really cagers at heart and for most of the week they're just the same
kind of jerks but on four wheels. Nobody really ever goes anywhere on
a Harley except vacations and club runs. They're toys for poseurs now.

The majority of real motorcyclists who ride daily are usually running
small bore non-descript Japanese iron in the "cruiser" or "cross"
configuration or venerable old beemers.

One of 'em pulled alongside me in rush hour last week and said,
"Aren't you afraid to be out here?"
"No. Why should I be?"
"Well, these assholes don't give a **** for us" (I smiled at his use
of the word "us")
"These assholes don't give a **** for each other either", I said.
He nodded agreement and we rode along together sharing the lane for
awhile. I didn't ask if he was afraid or if he'd examined statistics
citing motorcyclists greater risk of injury.
--
zk
Old August 10th 03, 02:51 PM
Stephen Harding

Mark Hickey wrote:

"Jeff" wrote:

HD produces an excellent product. If you doubt it, buy a Harley today and
sell it 5 years from now for as much as you paid for it (try doing that with
your run of the mill car). In 10 years, you'll probably be able to sell it
for more than you paid for it.

That has been the case, but I suspect that at some point in the not
too distant future the HD will no longer be the yuppy toy of choice,
and the value of a used V-twin will drop like a rock.

THAT will be the time to buy one (if you were ever so inclined). I've
owned a lot of other bikes, and now ride what I've always wanted - a
BMW K100RS. Wouldn't trade it for a V-twin anything - at least not if
I couldn't sell the V-twin and buy another BMW K-bike.

The appeal of the Harley isn't its technological wonders. Not especially
wondrous at all.

It's the mystique! There's a reason why every Hog sent for sale in Japan
is sold when it arrives. It ain't because it's a better bike than what
the Japanese produce!

SMH