I hate Harley Davidson!

Old August 12th 03, 03:10 AM
Zoot Katz

Default I Love Harley Davidson!

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:10:03 -0400,
, David Kerber
wrote:

http://www.cervelo.com/images/lyne_bessette_finis.jpg

That's not a LeMond bike? There's no way I could tell just by looking.

It's always been the case with many factory sponsored teams. The
frames are built by hand by masters and painted to look like the
production bikes.
--
zk
Old August 12th 03, 04:13 AM
Pete

Default I hate Harley Davidson!

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:40:15 GMT, Russ Price

from Flood Control Dam Number Three wrote:

I wonder if any of the recumbent streamliner pilots have approached
Oscar Mayer about building an HPW (Human Powered Wienermobile)?

'Bents are _already_ wiener mobiles.

Ba Da Bing!

Thank you. I'm here all week.

Don't give up your day job.

Pete

Old August 12th 03, 05:44 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Stephen Harding wrote in message ...
What was the appeal of buying a bike with some
road racer's name (Lemonde, Merkx) on it?

Stevie, when was the last time you had a
good bowel movement?

Old August 12th 03, 05:51 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article k.net,
"mary wells-knecht" wrote:

Only problem I have with HDs is the noise (not all of them but most).
Totally ruins the experience of riding in the mountains when you get a large
group of these noise-polluting people approaching you. Not sure why these
riders think it is cool to pump out tons of noise. I guess they have the
same mentality of a child who attaches playing cards in bicycle spokes to
make noise so they appear cool. For a child it may be cool. For an adult,
it's just plain stupid.

In fairness to the Motor Company (though not the riders) stock Harleys
are incredibly quiet. The bad news is that almost no riders leave them
stock.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old August 12th 03, 06:35 AM
Sorni

"Kevan Smith" /\/\ wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:40:15 GMT, Russ Price

from Flood Control Dam Number Three wrote:

I wonder if any of the recumbent streamliner pilots have approached
Oscar Mayer about building an HPW (Human Powered Wienermobile)?

'Bents are _already_ wiener mobiles.

Ba Da Bing!

Thank you. I'm here all week.

Seems more like a month

Old August 12th 03, 11:50 AM
Phil

Though your out there trashing Harley riders, I'll tell you I'd rather hear the
rumble of a Harley pass me by than the searing sound of the tires of an SUV at
60+ mph three feet off my elbow.

In my twnety plus years of bike riding, no one has ever talked or socialized at
a break stop with me. In my five years of Harley riding I have dozens and
dozens of encounters with all kinds of folks that want to chat about everything
and anything. Sometimes its almost annoying, because a two minute gas-up can
turn into a thirty minute conversation. It kind of like motorcyclists say, " If
I have to explain, you wouldn"t understand."

You may say you hate us and that we are fat and penis short, but deep inside
we're a mystery. I get waves from children all the time in cars with their
folks and along the sidewalks. No kids have every waved at me on the bicycle. I
get waves from people walking down the street, and folks sitting on their
porches, or cutting their grass, or plowing their fields. I get hundreds of
waves from other motorcylist as I travel. I barely get a head nod from a
fellow bicyclists.

Bicycling is a great sport. I love it as much as the Harley riding. I have
the best of two good worlds. But trashing Harley riders...I don't know...don't
knock what you haven't tried.

AFAS the Lance Armstrong thread in Rec. Harley...I wouldn't be bringing that
newsgroup here...oh my... But I will jump over and take a read. Those guys
can scorch the teflon off a good quality frying pan.

Phil
'99Xlh1200
2001flhri
'81 Yamaha Exciter
Cannondale 2.8
Treck Touring
Cannondale Mountain
(Harveywallbanger)

Old August 12th 03, 01:44 PM
Stephen Harding

Phil wrote:

Bicycling is a great sport. I love it as much as the Harley riding. I have
the best of two good worlds. But trashing Harley riders...I don't know...don't
knock what you haven't tried.

Not sure why this NG seems to like to so vilify and negatively stereotype
certain groups. SUV/light truck owners from the four wheel motoring crowd,
and HD riders from the motorcyclist pool.

Don't know if it was just the times, but when I was motorcycling, virtually
*every* motorcyclist you encountered on the road would give you a little
wave, irrespective of the brand or size bike you rode. Sort a fraternity.

Don't seem to get anything close to that camaraderie from fellow bicyclists
going the other way, and to me anyways, it seems the more "race looking" the
rider, the less likely to get a return nod or wave.

Of course I may be soliciting the most negative of interactions because of
my very clear "Fredly" manner of riding (cutoff jeans, t-shirt, Teva sandals,
and broad brimmed hat, all aboard a heavy commuting/touring bike with all
sorts of junk bolted to it).

Some of the hogs around here are exceptionally loud, but I really like the
look and [mostly] sound of the HD beast. A real piece of sculptured steel
that I can very much admire and appreciate, even though I personally no
longer have any desire whatsoever to own one.

SMH
Old August 12th 03, 02:11 PM
Stephen Harding

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:

Stephen Harding wrote in message ...
What was the appeal of buying a bike with some
road racer's name (Lemonde, Merkx) on it?

Stevie, when was the last time you had a
good bowel movement?

Didn't think you'd be interested in that sort of info Fab!

I do understand I'm probably blaspheming to you in questioning
the value of products linked to great racer's names though.

Since we're talking high end pedals, how pricey is a "Mazzoleni"
these days?

SMH