Cyclist killed in Half Moon Bay, CA

Old November 21st 19, 06:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Cyclist killed in Half Moon Bay, CA

Another cyclist killed.
This time in Half Moon Bay, California.

Here's what the San Jose Mercury had to say about it:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/...oon-bay-crash/

The article does not have a lot of detail.
The times I've ever been through Half Moon Bay along Highway One I was struck by how busy the road was. The shoulders seemed good, though.
(I've bicycled along here two or three times heading South from SF.)
But again, there are not many details of what actually happened but it does say that he was not on Highway 1 at the time of the incident.

pH in Aptos
Old November 21st 19, 07:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 11/21/2019 1:17 PM, pH wrote:
Another cyclist killed.
This time in Half Moon Bay, California.

Here's what the San Jose Mercury had to say about it:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/...oon-bay-crash/

The article does not have a lot of detail.
The times I've ever been through Half Moon Bay along Highway One I was struck by how busy the road was. The shoulders seemed good, though.
(I've bicycled along here two or three times heading South from SF.)
But again, there are not many details of what actually happened but it does say that he was not on Highway 1 at the time of the incident.

There's a chance the rider was riding the wrong direction. He was
northbound, and hit by a southbound car. That sounds similar to a
different fatality account I read today, where the cyclist was eastbound
in a westbound lane.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 21st 19, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, 21 November 2019 13:17:11 UTC-5, pH wrote:
Another cyclist killed.
This time in Half Moon Bay, California.

Here's what the San Jose Mercury had to say about it:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/11/...oon-bay-crash/

The article does not have a lot of detail.
The times I've ever been through Half Moon Bay along Highway One I was struck by how busy the road was. The shoulders seemed good, though.
(I've bicycled along here two or three times heading South from SF.)
But again, there are not many details of what actually happened but it does say that he was not on Highway 1 at the time of the incident.

pH in Aptos

Wants me to either turn off my ad blocker or subscribe in order to read the article. No thanks.

Cheers
Old November 21st 19, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 11:29:12 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/21/2019 1:17 PM, pH wrote:
[...]

That's what it sound like to me as well. Too bad they can't give more details. But reporting and journalism no longer is acknowledged as a goal. Only political BS.