are we allowed to compete in bike trial competitions?

Old September 14th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
primus

Default are we allowed to compete in bike trial competitions?

title says it all and if we are how do i find out about them?

--
primus

PS: this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were
eliminated

aim: speshlspeclsteak
primus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11833

Old September 14th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

Talk to the orginizer of the competition, that is the only way to find
out, and do it before hand. My guess is if you just show up and try and
compete they will probably say no, I probably would if I were
organizing a bike trials competition and a uni showed up wanting to
compete. Also keep in mind that the obstacles at a bike trials comp
tend to be much larger than a uni comp. Or at least from the trials
comps I have seen.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old September 14th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timmy_nz

Yeah talk to the event organiser. I guess it depends how many people
there will be there and how serious the competition is

--
timmy_nz
timmy_nz's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11157

Old September 14th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Danni

I have been doing it ever since I started. You do have to get used to
the rules that bikes use. It's funny, I won beginner, then the next
year I won intermediate against bikers. It was awsome .

--
Danni

God's gift to the world. It brings peace when used wisely.
Danni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12990

Old September 14th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

i have at moterama

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Old September 14th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
manu2015

Hi,

I think i remember that for the 26" bikes, touching the ground with
anything else than the tyre is penalized.
In trial with 20" wheels, they can touch obstacles with the protection
of their chainwheel to.

So they might or not allow you to do pedal grabs. But i would find fair
to let you compete, bikes can easily pass some obstacles almost
impossible for unicycles.

Manu

--
manu2015

Et Hop !
manu2015's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9834

Old September 14th 06, 08:32 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
iridemymuni

if you were running a unicycle trials comp, would you really want guys
there on bikes?

--
iridemymuni

munipsycho wrote:
Just a bit of advice: never vomit while wearing a full-face helmet.

guess what !

'Bike Coalition!!' (www.bikecoalition.com)
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old September 14th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomtrevor

just put up a sign saying no bikes or skateboards!

--
tomtrevor

'A GALLERY!!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=196944)
'KEEPIN' IT WHEEL' (www.mediahug.com/bikes)
THE UNICYCLE BIBLE

I hate going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're
next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at
funerals.
'g' (http://www.google.com.au/)'o' (http://www.google.com.br/)'o'
(http://www.google.co.uk/)'g' (http://www.google.com.ni/)'l'
(http://www.google.to/)'i' (http://www.google.ch/)'n'
(http://www.google.com.mt/)'g' (http://www.google.com.na/)'s'
(http://www.google.rw/)'!'
(http://www.google.com.do/)'t'
(http://mediahug.com/bikes/?page_id=26)'o'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliced_bread)'m'
(http://www.funnyjunk.com/)''s'
(http://www.freelineskates.com/) 'R'
(http://www.tlb.org/Park-all.lowbw.mpg)'a'
(http://www.burntfaceman.com/)n'd'
(http://tinyurl.com/c1as)'o'
(http://www.cheese.com)'m'
(http://www.coverpop.com/whitney/index.php?var=v0)
'L'
(http://www.mediahug.com/bikes/)i'n'
(http://www.mediahug.com/almax/)k'a'
(http://www.bakedbeans.com)'g'
(http://www.joecartoon.com/)e's'
(http://www.break.com/)
tomtrevor's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12118

Old September 14th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ThisGuyIKnow

It's really up to the organizers. Although if I were organizing a bike
trials comp I wouldn't let a unicycle compete, because its' a different
sport. The manuverability of a bicycle is just different than a
unicycle. It's a different sport

--
ThisGuyIKnow
ThisGuyIKnow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10203

Old September 14th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

It's interesting to have seen the advancement of bike trials, esp.
things like doing away with the seat and post altogether, and doing
mostly rear wheel hops. SO, isn't a unicycle just the logical
progression of trials equipment?

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

A 2006 summer bike trip from Orlando to Boston [email protected] General 4 March 13th 06 04:39 AM
The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
May 6 NYC NBG Day to Honor Fallen Bike Activist Cycle America General 0 April 11th 05 04:15 PM
May 6 NYC NBG Day to Honor Fallen Bike Activist Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 April 11th 05 04:13 PM