Magura brake leaking, needs new tube i think?

Old September 13th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

Default Magura brake leaking, needs new tube i think?

Help Help!

Well my Back....I mean my magura is leaking pretty badly, and i think i
need some new tubing for it, it pretty much broken off at one of the
connecters. And i belive this is called the "crossover" tube, not the
long one. It came..i mean i have a bleed kit, and it has some tubes,
but i dont know if those tubes are ment as replacments or not. Help!
Where can i get tubing? I heard jess just got some tubing at a local
store, but i remember reading he had to heat it or something to get it
to shrink over the connecter? What do i do?!?!

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

Old September 13th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
john_childs

The Magura tech manuals are available for download at the 'Magura web
page in the service section'
(http://www.magura.com/7thsenseCMS/index.php?id=49&L=1). Here's a link
to the 2006 manual (in PDF): '2006 rim brake workshop manual'
(http://tinyurl.com/jesll)

If your brake has the type of fitting that uses the little olive (a
little compression ring that fits around the tube, see the workshop
manual to see what it is) you'll need to get replacement olives cause
they can't be reused. A bike shop may have them is stock if you're
lucky, otherwise they can order them and get them pretty quick. They
can also get additional plastic hose if necessary.

The workshop manual explains how to fit the new hose on the fittings
and get the brake all functioning again.

The 'Magura Cult'
(http://www.execulink.com/~dtierney/w...a/contents.htm) page is
another good source of info.

--
john_childs

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
Team Dirty Muni
Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/a99y3)

Old September 13th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
U-Turn

PM me, I'll send you one free (assuming it is the plastic kind).

--
U-Turn

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
-- Dave Stockton

Old September 14th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spencer Hochberg

Wait, when did you get maguras?

--
Spencer Hochberg

(disclaimer: i may not know what i am talking about)
maxisback wrote:
yeh i kill ppl for a living

'Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer'
(http://Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer)
AIM: Litldude2
Email: Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
'Bedford Unicycles' (http://BedfordUnicycles.ca)
Spencer Hochberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12659

Old September 14th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Catboy

Evan Byrne wrote:
"Well my Back....I mean my magura is leaking pretty badly"

WTF is that supposed to mean? Go to a hardware store and follow Jess'
tutorial.

--
Catboy

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

----The biggest pussy you'll ever meet.

Old September 14th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maestro8

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
the trials bike he just got.

BURN THE WITCH!

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

Old September 14th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

That happened to the brake on my bike, when you fall or lean the bike on
it's side depending on pedal position, the crossover line is the first
thing to hit the ground. you can stop this by using a booster. but do
yourself a favor, get v adapters and avid ultimates instead.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

I pulled a sick trey varial hickflip over an 8 set yesterday, but
unfortunately it was supposed to be seat in to seat out. I've named it
the dioflip
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old September 14th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Evan Byrne

onetrack wrote:
That happened to the brake on my bike, when you fall or lean the bike on
it's side depending on pedal position, the crossover line is the first
thing to hit the ground. you can stop this by using a booster. but do
yourself a favor, get v adapters and avid ultimates instead.

Heh, Yeah, Right now i have the single bolt addapters on my maggies,
and my frame has V-brake mounts. So today im getting some V's, Can you
reccomend a good kind? Avid ultimates i guess? I hear that its not so
much the liner pull brake that affects preformance, but the pads. Koxx
bloxx?