CTC error

Old September 25th 06, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Julesh

Default CTC error

Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Peter Fox
l') wrote:

$64,000 question for urc : Who /would be/ a better ambassador?
The obvious candidate is Adam Hart-Davis who has the 'dirty knees'
qualification but there must be alternatives which those of you with
televisions and sporty knowledge would know about.

Boris Jonstone?

No, I am vaguely serious. He is a Tory, I know, but he is well known as a
regular utility cyclist and is media-friendly in his own bizarre way.

Agreed: I think he would be excellent!

Julesh
Old September 25th 06, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Stephen Patterson" wrote in message

Yes, him or the presenter of that recent bbc programs about mapping who
went
over some of the lake district passes on a 100 year old bike ...
ah yes, Nicholas Crane http://www.tvfactual.co.uk/nicolas_crane.htm though
Adam
Hart's better known.

Funnily enough, my other half came up with exactly the same suggestions:
Nicholas Crane or Adam Hart-Davis.

Cheers, helen s

Old September 25th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Stephen Patterson" wrote in message

Yes, him or the presenter of that recent bbc programs about mapping who
went
over some of the lake district passes on a 100 year old bike ...
ah yes, Nicholas Crane http://www.tvfactual.co.uk/nicolas_crane.htm
though Adam
Hart's better known.

Funnily enough, my other half came up with exactly the same suggestions:
Nicholas Crane or Adam Hart-Davis.

Cheers, helen s

Then there's the cycling journalist Simon Calder, possibly? Dunno? He does
seem to go everywhere on his Brommie - taking it on his travels abroad.

Old September 25th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom

Peter Fox wrote:

$64,000 question for urc : Who /would be/ a better ambassador?
The obvious candidate is Adam Hart-Davis who has the 'dirty knees'
qualification but there must be alternatives which those of you with
televisions and sporty knowledge would know about.

I'd be anti AHD because he's been backing a MHL organisation (damned if I
can remember who though)

Tom
--
Return address is dead. Real address is at
http://www.box.net/public/0n493oa6y7

Old September 25th 06, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:08:41 +0100 someone who may be "wafflycat"
wrote this:-

Then there's the cycling journalist Simon Calder, possibly? Dunno? He does
seem to go everywhere on his Brommie

And wearing a h£$*(t everywhere.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old September 25th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pete Biggs

Stephen Patterson wrote:

Yes, him or the presenter of that recent bbc programs about mapping
who went over some of the lake district passes on a 100 year old bike
ah yes, Nicholas Crane http://www.tvfactual.co.uk/nicolas_crane.htm`

No thanks. He'd want it made compulsary for cyclists to carry an umbrella
at all times.

Jon Snow seems like an OK bloke. I'm sure he'd say something different next
time he appeared on Dick and Judy.

~PB

Old September 25th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Peter Fox wrote on 25/09/2006 14:20 +0100:

$64,000 question for urc : Who /would be/ a better ambassador?

Jeremy Paxman, the girl Stephanie something who did the BBC piece
without a helmet recently, John Cauldwell (now he's sold Phones4U he
will have time on his hands and has the cachet of being able to say he
prefers cycling the 200 miles to London for a meeting over taking the
helicopter)

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci
Old September 25th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pinky

"Pete Biggs" wrote in
message ...
Stephen Patterson wrote:

Yes, him or the presenter of that recent bbc programs about mapping
who went over some of the lake district passes on a 100 year old bike
ah yes, Nicholas Crane http://www.tvfactual.co.uk/nicolas_crane.htm`

No thanks. He'd want it made compulsary for cyclists to carry an umbrella
at all times.

Jon Snow seems like an OK bloke. I'm sure he'd say something different
next time he appeared on Dick and Judy.

Especially if he is being paid by CTC

No No thrice no! Not ever

I will not reenlist next month

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old September 25th 06, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:51:14 +0100, Simon Brooke wrote:
in message , Peter Fox
l') wrote:

$64,000 question for urc : Who /would be/ a better ambassador?

Boris Jonstone?

No, I am vaguely serious. He is a Tory, I know, but he is well known as a
regular utility cyclist and is media-friendly in his own bizarre way.

I'd second Boris.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old September 25th 06, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Eilbeck

Peter Fox writes:

$64,000 question for urc : Who /would be/ a better ambassador?

Stephanie Flanders

Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck