Cycling in Florida

Old November 19th 19, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Cycling in Florida

https://nypost.com/video/car-slams-i...c-hit-and-run/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 19th 19, 10:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 11/19/2019 3:36 PM, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/video/car-slams-i...c-hit-and-run/

Hmm. What was that big red sign just this side of the road?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 19th 19, 10:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Tuesday, 19 November 2019 17:25:55 UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/19/2019 3:36 PM, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/video/car-slams-i...c-hit-and-run/

Hmm. What was that big red sign just this side of the road?

--
- Frank Krygowski

Attempted suicide by automobile? Te guy who rides at speed past the stop sign takes his hands off the handlebar before he's even half way across the street. Surely he saw those two cars approaching from his right.

Cheers
Old November 20th 19, 06:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019 at 2:36:57 PM UTC-6, AMuzi wrote:
https://nypost.com/video/car-slams-i...c-hit-and-run/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I watched the video. It was odd. Bicyclist does not stop at the stop sign before crossing a very busy double lane road. Takes his hands off bar halfway across. ??? But the car driver can and should be charged with hit and run. Whether you are responsible or not for the accident, it is the law that you have to stop and wait for the cops to come, and or give assistance.. In this scenario the car driver looks innocent until he commits the crime of hit and run. I watched the video again and I see there was a button to push by the cyclist to apparently change the light. No lights are visible in the video. But maybe it was a green light for the cyclists to cross after pushing the button. And neither of the white cars stopped. Video does not show enough detail.
Old November 20th 19, 04:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 20 November 2019 01:27:14 UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

I watched that video and I paused it a number of times. There are 2 rows each of 17 white stripes on the road in the crossing area. The bicyclist who got hit has his hands off the handlebar as he crosses the third stripe from the side of the road he entered on. It's clear that the bicyclist can see the cars approaching on his right since you can see the bicyclist looking at those cars when the bicyclist takes his hands off the handlebar whilst his bicycle is straddling the third and fourth white strips closest to the side he entered from. It looks as if he was trying to get hit. Attempted suicide by automobile? Sure does look that way.

You're right though that the drivers should have stopped.

Cheers

Florida Cycling AMuzi Techniques 6 December 7th 15 08:55 PM
Adventure Cycling maps good? Hannibal Misouri to Destin Florida? [email protected] Techniques 17 April 26th 08 03:43 AM
Florida Keys and Souther Florida over New Year Jens Rides 18 September 13th 07 09:30 AM
Okay so now I know it's not just Florida! Ken C. M. General 2 May 2nd 06 03:28 AM
RIDING IN MIAMI OR HOMESTEAD / FLORIDA CITY, FLORIDA [email protected] Marketplace 2 July 22nd 04 03:21 PM