Pappy mad! No more political threads!

Old November 8th 04, 05:50 PM
Sierraman

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message
link.net...
"Sierraman" wrote in message
Ok, lets end it. I won't take any vows but I sort of promise to not

reply
any more political threads and I am by far not the worse offender. What

do
you say guys. No more politics? Pappy leaving so we better quit, I don't
blame him for being bummed. We could talk about womens cycling. What

team
will Mirjam Melchers ride for next year?

B-

ps- That last one by Lafferty was a good one to end it on, at least for

me
it was. I just wish those were BL own words.

Let's remember that there's nothing wrong with off-topic conversations as
long as they aren't the major threads here as they've been for the last
month.

I drove over Highway 49 from Auburn to Cool earlier this year and

discarded
it as a route because of the long climbs and the traffic.

So what happens? Yesterday I went on a 62 mile ride that covered that

route.
Lots of traffic and long slow climbs. But the cars were with only one
exception very polite and although the route seemed to climb twice as much
as it descended it wan't a bad ride.

I don't ride on 49 anymore. Way too many cars on my end. That goes for 140
too. Those are blood alley roads. Too many other good roads around that are
fun. Too many people moving into the mountains where I am and in the valley
too. California is still growing despite all it's problems. I'll be headed
to the coast someday away from the masses.