Today's ride

Old February 16th 08, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

Default Today's ride

Did a bracing 82km today with Mr Wafflycat. Went as far as Sandringham &
back (different routes there & back) and had soup & a roll in Betty's tea
rooms.

The weather was almost perfect. Bright sun, blue, cloudless sky, wind not
too strong, dry. but *cold* with ice across the surface of many a village
pond even in the middle of the day.

On today's ride:-

A white stag with several hinds running with him.
Ducks going mad, calling "Me! Me! Me! Me!" at the pond in Massingham as I
was feeding said feathered friends with bits of fruitcake.
A barn owl flying alongside Mr Wafflycat & I as we cycled along a lane. The
owl kept looking sideways at us as it flew along.
A pair of Caterpillar boots neatly placed on a verge.
A field with six hares in it.
Loads of escapee hens from free-range runs in fields.
Lots of free-range pigs - all heavily pregnant rooting about in fields.
Clouds of seagulls following a tractor ploughing a field and feeding on the
*things* being exposed in the newly turned earth.

Poor Mr. Wafflycat was chilled to the bone by the time we got home, so I
threw him into a hot bath to defrost. He is now crashed out on the sofa -
poor lamb, he hasn't been on his bike for many a week and today wore him
out. But I thoroughly enjoyed being out on a lovely pootle of the lanes with
my nearest & dearest. One of the joys is having him cycle in front of me and
I can ogle his rear end to my heart's content. One of the joys of cycling is
what it does to a bloke's rear end in terms of toning and muscle. T'aint
nuthin finer than a fit bloke's 4r$3 in Lycra.

With a bit of luck I may be able to wheedle another 30-40km (at least)
tomorrow. I hope so.

Old February 16th 08, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:55:06 -0000, "wafflycat"
wrote:

Did a bracing 82km today with Mr Wafflycat. Went as far as Sandringham &
back (different routes there & back)

Wouldn't it have been more social for you to ride the same route as Mr
Wafflycat - and least either on the way there, or the way back? ;-)
Old February 16th 08, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Artemisia

wafflycat wrote:

A white stag with several hinds running with him.
Ducks going mad, calling "Me! Me! Me! Me!" at the pond in Massingham as
I was feeding said feathered friends with bits of fruitcake.
A barn owl flying alongside Mr Wafflycat & I as we cycled along a lane.
The owl kept looking sideways at us as it flew along.
A pair of Caterpillar boots neatly placed on a verge.
A field with six hares in it.
Loads of escapee hens from free-range runs in fields.
Lots of free-range pigs - all heavily pregnant rooting about in fields.
Clouds of seagulls following a tractor ploughing a field and feeding on
the *things* being exposed in the newly turned earth.

AND A PARTRI-IDGE IN A PEAR TREE ...

EFR
Ile de France
Old February 16th 08, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Chris Smith

wafflycat wrote:
Did a bracing 82km today with Mr Wafflycat. Went as far as Sandringham &
back (different routes there & back) and had soup & a roll in Betty's
tea rooms.

The weather was almost perfect. Bright sun, blue, cloudless sky, wind
not too strong, dry. but *cold* with ice across the surface of many a
village pond even in the middle of the day.

Did your water bottle(s) freeze on the way home? Mine did coming back
from my Sister's place in Cromer. Brrrrr.

Chris
Old February 16th 08, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Don Whybrow

wafflycat wrote:
One of the joys is having him cycle in
front of me and I can ogle his rear end to my heart's content. One of
the joys of cycling is what it does to a bloke's rear end in terms of
toning and muscle. T'aint nuthin finer than a fit bloke's 4r$3 in Lycra.

Bibtights?

GD&R

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"Lord, please make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am."
Old February 17th 08, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"wafflycat" wrote in message

But I thoroughly enjoyed being out on a lovely pootle of the lanes with my
nearest & dearest. One of the joys is having him cycle in front of me and
I can ogle his rear end to my heart's content. One of the joys of cycling
is what it does to a bloke's rear end in terms of toning and muscle.
T'aint nuthin finer than a fit bloke's 4r$3 in Lycra.

I've said it before : Tandem - you don't just get to ogle :-)

(yes, I know you're not going to bite :-( )

cheers,
clive

Old February 17th 08, 01:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Feb 17, 8:37 am, "Clive George" wrote:
"wafflycat" wrote in message

But I thoroughly enjoyed being out on a lovely pootle of the lanes with my
nearest & dearest. One of the joys is having him cycle in front of me and
I can ogle his rear end to my heart's content. One of the joys of cycling
is what it does to a bloke's rear end in terms of toning and muscle.
T'aint nuthin finer than a fit bloke's 4r$3 in Lycra.

I've said it before : Tandem - you don't just get to ogle :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-o-vision

or perhaps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_and_sniff

(yes, I know you're not going to bite :-( )

I would hope not. Very distracting :-)

James
Old February 17th 08, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Artemisia" wrote in message

AND A PARTRI-IDGE IN A PEAR TREE ...

EFR
Ile de France

:-)

Old February 17th 08, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Chris Smith" wrote in message

Did your water bottle(s) freeze on the way home? Mine did coming back from
my Sister's place in Cromer. Brrrrr.

Chris

Yes, it was a tad chilled!

Old February 17th 08, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Clive George" wrote in message
"wafflycat" wrote in message

But I thoroughly enjoyed being out on a lovely pootle of the lanes with
my nearest & dearest. One of the joys is having him cycle in front of me
and I can ogle his rear end to my heart's content. One of the joys of
cycling is what it does to a bloke's rear end in terms of toning and
muscle. T'aint nuthin finer than a fit bloke's 4r$3 in Lycra.

I've said it before : Tandem - you don't just get to ogle :-)

Only if it was a recumbent tandem. I have cycled with DH on an upright
tandem befo once and only the once...

(yes, I know you're not going to bite :-( )

Actually I would. DH has a lovely biteable bum! :-D

cheers,
clive

Today's Ride Nigel Randell[_2_] UK 5 October 23rd 07 10:38 AM
Seen on today's ride Brian G UK 31 January 25th 06 12:58 PM
Today's ride Tim Hall UK 6 February 3rd 04 11:45 AM
Today's Ride Carol Hague UK 13 January 9th 04 12:32 PM
Today's Ride Carol Hague UK 57 December 3rd 03 04:23 PM