Biking Towns

Old July 30th 03, 12:45 AM
Don Wiss

Default Biking Towns

On 29 Jul 2003 13:28:59 -0700, (Steven) wrote:

Ok, I think I know the big cycling towns in the states what are they
in Europe?

Every town in The Netherlands. And the countryside in between.

Don donwiss at panix.com.
Old July 30th 03, 06:00 AM
Paul Southworth

In article ,
Steven wrote:
Ok, I think I know the big cycling towns in the states what are they
in Europe? I would like people's input mostly about Europe, but the
states might be interesting too

US:

Boulder
San Diego
Santa Barbara

Eugene
Santa Cruz

(and most small towns I've lived in, say 25,000 people or less)

--Paul
Old July 30th 03, 07:45 PM
David Reuteler

Zoot Katz wrote:
: ... Minneapolis ... are next with over 1.5%.
:
: Compare to these cities:
: Copenhagen, Denmark 34%

hey come on, give us some credit he minneapolis is colder than ****
6 months of the year. i've always been very proud of that statistic!
you should try getting out of the rain and trying some ice biking, zoot.
it's actually pretty fun. improves your bike handling.
--
david reuteler

Old July 30th 03, 08:27 PM
Zoot Katz

30 Jul 2003 18:45:38 GMT,
, David Reuteler
wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:
: ... Minneapolis ... are next with over 1.5%.
:
: Compare to these cities:
: Copenhagen, Denmark 34%

hey come on, give us some credit he minneapolis is colder than ****
6 months of the year. i've always been very proud of that statistic!
you should try getting out of the rain and trying some ice biking, zoot.
it's actually pretty fun. improves your bike handling.

I was impressed by Minneapolis' figures when it's compared to other US
cities with more cycling friendly climates. It means somebody there is
doing something right.

I was robbed this year. We didn't get any snow. Two years ago we had
some and I was out in it. There's a studded front all set to roll if
it should snow enough to warrant putting it on.
--
zk
Old July 31st 03, 02:10 PM
Actually34

Towns -- especially smaller to medium sized towns -- that have large
universities located in them tend to be good bicycling areas.