Armstrong in L'Equipe

Old November 6th 04, 05:10 PM
Robert Chung

Default Armstrong in L'Equipe

From today's L'Equipe (my translation):

"Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm going to start the Tour. There are lots of
other things in cycling I'd like to do before I retire [...] Now maybe
it's time to move on to something else."

Having nothing left to prove in the Tour, Armstrong would like to focus on
the classics, including Paris-Roubaix which he finds "very exciting." The
hour record might also be a goal next season. Whatever happens,
Armstrong's future is flexible and there's still time for him to decide on
which races he'll do.

The only sure things are that Armstrong will ride in 2005, but not in the
Giro.

--
Still a proud member of the reality-based community.

Old November 6th 04, 10:25 PM
David Off

Robert Chung wrote:
From today's L'Equipe (my translation):

"Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm going to start the Tour. There are lots of
other things in cycling I'd like to do before I retire [...] Now maybe
it's time to move on to something else."

Having nothing left to prove in the Tour, Armstrong would like to focus on
the classics, including Paris-Roubaix which he finds "very exciting." The
hour record might also be a goal next season. Whatever happens,
Armstrong's future is flexible and there's still time for him to decide on
which races he'll do.

The only sure things are that Armstrong will ride in 2005, but not in the
Giro.

I see from l'equipe he is trying to persuad US tv to cover the Vuelta
which will then ride in. He doesn't want to ride the tour because it is
there to lose.

Old November 6th 04, 10:47 PM
psycholist

"Robert Chung" wrote in message
From today's L'Equipe (my translation):

"Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm going to start the Tour. There are lots of
other things in cycling I'd like to do before I retire [...] Now maybe
it's time to move on to something else."

Having nothing left to prove in the Tour, Armstrong would like to focus on
the classics, including Paris-Roubaix which he finds "very exciting." The
hour record might also be a goal next season. Whatever happens,
Armstrong's future is flexible and there's still time for him to decide on
which races he'll do.

The only sure things are that Armstrong will ride in 2005, but not in the
Giro.

--
Still a proud member of the reality-based community.

Y'all can do a google search and see. I believe I was the first to make the
call that Lance would do P-R in 2005. I've made several posts over the last
months in which I've said Lance had too much fun on the cobbles in the tour
and has his sights set on P-R. George is gonna be his boy yet again and
Lance is gonna win in the Roubaix velodrome.

Having said that, it would seem to me that Flanders would be more suited to
his style and skills.

Whatever. The early Spring is gonna be fun. Too bad Lafferty is probably
gonna miss it. I hear OLN doesn't carry much cycling in Canada.

Bob C.

Old November 7th 04, 07:40 PM
Kyle Legate

psycholist wrote:

Y'all can do a google search and see. I believe I was the first to
make the call that Lance would do P-R in 2005. I've made several
posts over the last months in which I've said Lance had too much fun
on the cobbles in the tour and has his sights set on P-R. George is
gonna be his boy yet again and Lance is gonna win in the Roubaix
velodrome.

This will never happen. Magnus, Boonen, and all the other heavyweights will
eat him for lunch. Lance is too light for a northern classic.

Old November 8th 04, 12:50 AM
derby

Kyle Legate Wrote:
This will never happen. Magnus, Boonen, and all the other heavyweights
will
eat him for lunch. Lance is too light for a northern classic.

He's no lighter than De Vlaminck, Tchmil, Vanderarden.

--
derby