AHHH. What the HECK!!

Old November 6th 04, 07:46 PM
NewRoadie

Default AHHH. What the HECK!!

For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.

What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?

The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
to goodness it's something that I'm doing.

Thanks!
NewRoadie

Old November 6th 04, 08:00 PM
Ryan Fisher

there are several teeth on chainrings that are smaller to aid in shifting
etc. so they are not nessiccerily worn out.
you should try not to shift under heavy pedaling/load though

Old November 6th 04, 09:30 PM
NewRoadie

So maybe they were smaller to start with, hmmmm. I had never noticed
but that makes sense.

NewRoadie

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 15:00:15 -0500, "Ryan Fisher"
wrote:

there are several teeth on chainrings that are smaller to aid in shifting
etc. so they are not nessiccerily worn out.
you should try not to shift under heavy pedaling/load though

.. .

Old November 6th 04, 09:30 PM
NewRoadie

wrote:

there are several teeth on chainrings that are smaller to aid in shifting
etc. so they are not nessiccerily worn out.
you should try not to shift under heavy pedaling/load though

NewRoadie wrote in message
.. .
For those who might recall I bought a roadbike about 2 months ago.
With only 400 miles on it I noticed that the teeth on the big and
middle chainring which are at the arm of the crankshaft are VERY worn.
About 3 teeth on each side are half gone.

What am I doing wrong? Am I not supposed to shift while peddling hard?

The components are Sora, which I'm aware are not the best, but surely
to goodness it's something that I'm doing.

Thanks!
NewRoadie

Ahhh, a granny gear for the weak of leg and lung. Jonesy Mountain Biking 5 May 21st 04 03:37 AM
The heck with Gatorade! Sorni General 14 December 3rd 03 01:06 PM
AHHH - not going to make it to BMW JoeRowing Unicycling 5 September 25th 03 11:49 PM