A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Chris Froome: a True Brit



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 20th 13, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11,000
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit


Born in Kenya

Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.

Studied at University of Johannesburg

Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.

Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta

Lives in Monaco

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep : a true Brit.


Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.
  #2  
Old July 20th 13, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:43:39 +0100, Judith
wrote:


Born in Kenya

Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.

Studied at University of Johannesburg

Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.

Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta

Lives in Monaco

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep : a true Brit.


Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.


Do you know what has happened to Dave?

I tried his mobile, no answer.

Is he enjoying a well-earned retirement holiday? I sincerely hope so.

Perhaps, as his best Usenet friend, you will contact him on our behalf
and let us where he is and what he's up to.
  #3  
Old July 20th 13, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,146
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:07:01 PM UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:43:39 +0100, Judith

wrote:





Born in Kenya




Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.




Studied at University of Johannesburg




Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.




Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta




Lives in Monaco




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Yep : a true Brit.






Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.




Do you know what has happened to Dave?



I tried his mobile, no answer.



Is he enjoying a well-earned retirement holiday? I sincerely hope so.



Perhaps, as his best Usenet friend, you will contact him on our behalf

and let us where he is and what he's up to.


He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy. He'll be happier there, licking the wounds that he got from Alex Heney a few weeks ago.
  #4  
Old July 20th 13, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 7:07:01 PM UTC+1, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:43:39 +0100, Judith

wrote:





Born in Kenya




Moved to South Africa when 14 to a boarding school.




Studied at University of Johannesburg




Represented his country: Kenya in cycle races.




Turned professional in 2007 with the South African Team Konica Minolta




Lives in Monaco




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Yep : a true Brit.






Come back Zola Budd all is forgiven.




Do you know what has happened to Dave?



I tried his mobile, no answer.



Is he enjoying a well-earned retirement holiday? I sincerely hope so.



Perhaps, as his best Usenet friend, you will contact him on our behalf

and let us where he is and what he's up to.


He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy. He'll be happier there, licking the wounds that he got from Alex Heney a few weeks ago.


OK - as long as he is safe and well, and the only thing that is
hurting are his feelings, I'm happy.
  #5  
Old July 20th 13, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy.


Is DIY his natural environment? I always had him down as one of those
nightmare tradesmen who don't know what they are doing and try to
charge you a call out fee for sucking through their teeth and telling
you you need a professional
plumber/electrician/gardener/decorator/handyman to do the job.
  #6  
Old July 20th 13, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:12:30 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy.


Is DIY his natural environment? I always had him down as one of those
nightmare tradesmen who don't know what they are doing and try to
charge you a call out fee for sucking through their teeth and telling
you you need a professional
plumber/electrician/gardener/decorator/handyman to do the job.



And I always had you down as a ****.

  #7  
Old July 20th 13, 11:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,958
Default Chris Froome: a True Brit

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 23:29:00 +0100, wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:12:30 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013 13:49:16 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
wrote:

He's over in his natural environment on uk.diy.


Is DIY his natural environment? I always had him down as one of those
nightmare tradesmen who don't know what they are doing and try to
charge you a call out fee for sucking through their teeth and telling
you you need a professional
plumber/electrician/gardener/decorator/handyman to do the job.



And I always had you down as a ****.


How kind!
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Froome faster than Armstrong up Ax-3 Domaines Michael[_10_] Racing 4 July 8th 13 09:04 PM
Froome! Michael[_10_] Racing 6 February 18th 13 04:05 PM
True wheel has slack spoke, doesn't stay true Tad Marko Techniques 33 December 10th 05 08:05 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.