OT. Bucchere gets community service for killing pedestrian

Old July 23rd 13, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default OT. Bucchere gets community service for killing pedestrian

"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Old July 23rd 13, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44:48 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

Old July 23rd 13, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 05:56:33 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44:48 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

And he manages to find a story from March 2012!
Old July 23rd 13, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23/07/2013 14:06, Bertie Wooster wrote:

wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

And he manages to find a story from March 2012!

Your PC needs fixing.

On a properly-adjusted one, that story...

"Cyclist pleads guilty in Castro crosswalk death"

....is dated 22nd July 2013, and 11:35 pm PCT at that, which is 07:35 on
23rd July, BST.

Hang on... that's today.

Old July 23rd 13, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44:48 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

And he manages to find a story from March 2012!

I thought that the story of the cyclist pleading guilty was recent. Are you
claiming it was a year ago?

Old July 23rd 13, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44:48 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

And he manages to find a story from March 2012!

I thought that the story of the cyclist pleading guilty was recent. Are you
claiming it was a year ago?

What part of "Prosecutors, however, believed they had evidence that
Bucchere behaved recklessly before allegedly sailing through a red
light at Castro and Market streets on March 29, 2012, and hitting
Sutchi Hui of San Bruno, who was walking with his wife. She was
unharmed." is not part of the story?
Old July 23rd 13, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44:48 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a
cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

And he manages to find a story from March 2012!

I thought that the story of the cyclist pleading guilty was recent.
Are you claiming it was a year ago?

What part of "Prosecutors, however, believed they had evidence that
Bucchere behaved recklessly before allegedly sailing through a red
light at Castro and Market streets on March 29, 2012, and hitting
Sutchi Hui of San Bruno, who was walking with his wife. She was
unharmed." is not part of the story?

My comment was about the sentence, not the original occurrence. The
sentence is very recent, the incident a long time ago.
It seems you can ignore every rule of the road, mow down someone
legitimately on a crossing, boast about it on social media and just get
community service as a punishment (in the States at least)

At that rate Emma West should just get told to make a cup of tea.

Old July 23rd 13, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

On Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44:48 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
"we want to give him a chance for rehabilitation and redemption."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier...th-4680814.php

Cheerless scours the world's press in a desperate hunt for a cyclist/pedestrian fatality.

And he manages to find a story from March 2012!

I thought that the story of the cyclist pleading guilty was recent. Are you
claiming it was a year ago?

What part of "Prosecutors, however, believed they had evidence that
Bucchere behaved recklessly before allegedly sailing through a red
light at Castro and Market streets on March 29, 2012, and hitting
Sutchi Hui of San Bruno, who was walking with his wife. She was
unharmed." is not part of the story?

Do you mean the story that was published this very morning at 07:35 BST?

Old July 23rd 13, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alexis

Mrcheerful wrote:

snip

It seems you can ignore every rule of the road, mow down someone
legitimately on a crossing, boast about it on social media and just get
community service as a punishment (in the States at least)

Well, we've had you telling us that the states "takes cyclist knocking
over as a sport" and now this - it doesn't look good for the USA.

Old July 23rd 13, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Alexis wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

snip

It seems you can ignore every rule of the road, mow down someone
legitimately on a crossing, boast about it on social media and just
get community service as a punishment (in the States at least)

Well, we've had you telling us that the states "takes cyclist knocking
over as a sport" and now this - it doesn't look good for the USA.

They do seem a selfish bunch all round, still at least they can own and even
carry and use guns (yes, I know states and even cities vary)