Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

Old July 23rd 13, 12:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Child mown down by high speed pavement motorist

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:35:05 +0100, Judith wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:53:04 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller

wrote:

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 19:07:02 +0100, Judith wrote:

Wooster is a ******.

Why do people insult others?

People who are angry insult people because in their anger they cannot
think of a better way to handle it, except to start a fight and make the
other person feel bad. People who insult can feel backed in, threatened
and fearful, making them lash out because they know no other way to
handle themselves in every situation or conversation.

Thanks for the times 2 reference.

(make it three)

You are welcome.
Old July 23rd 13, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alexis

JNugent wrote:

On 21/07/2013 21:45, Alexis wrote:
JNugent wrote:

On 21/07/2013 18:28, Squashme wrote:
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:56:57 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 21/07/2013 15:47, wrote:

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:34:48 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

On 21/07/2013 15:33,
wrote:

On Sunday, 21 July 2013 15:23:19 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

On 21/07/2013 14:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:

And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html

QUOTE:

The collision involved a Ford Fiesta, which was being driven by a

75-year-old man. The driver has been taken to an east London hospital,

and is in a stable condition.

ENDQUOTE

You missed that bit out, for some reason.

And your point is...?

The *reason* for the collision.

I know you'd rather believe it was an attempt at murder.

Where did anyone claim it was deliberate?

Why do you ask that?

Why do you write "I know you'd rather believe it was an attempt at murder."?

In order to communicate the fact expounded in that sentence.

I'm afraid that is a "whoosh!" for me, then. I do not understand how
anyone would make such an accusation as a possibility, let alone a
fact.

In that case, you have not read many of the other poster's previous posts.

In the absence of any rebuttal of your accusation by the other poster,
I am obliged to concede that I cannot have read (or fully understood)
enough, at least, of that other poster's previous posts.

On the other hand, I could, of course, just be a bit dim.

Old July 23rd 13, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:14:18 +0100, Alexis wrote:

snip

On the other hand, I could, of course, just be a bit dim.

Indeed: that was my conclusion.

Old July 23rd 13, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alexis

Judith wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:14:18 +0100, Alexis wrote:

snip

On the other hand, I could, of course, just be a bit dim.

Indeed: that was my conclusion.

Aww... thanks! (I've been waiting absolutely ages for you to bite,
again, that is)

Old July 23rd 13, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:41:50 +0100, Alexis wrote:

Judith wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:14:18 +0100, Alexis wrote:

snip

On the other hand, I could, of course, just be a bit dim.

Indeed: that was my conclusion.

Aww... thanks! (I've been waiting absolutely ages for you to bite,
again, that is)

I spotted that your "I could just be dim" - was purely a snare - it was very,
very good. Well done.

Old July 23rd 13, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 14:41:02 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html

Who was it actually riding the bike?

Old July 23rd 13, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alexis

Judith wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 08:14:18 +0100, Alexis wrote:

snip

On the other hand, I could, of course, just be a bit dim.

Indeed: that was my conclusion.

Aww... thanks! (I've been waiting absolutely ages for you to bite,
again, that is)

I spotted that your "I could just be dim" - was purely a snare - it was very,
very good. Well done.

Ha! I find your posts very entertaining actually (generally, that
is) - it's an almost guiltily pleasure because you can (and often do)
push things far further than I ever could. Good or bad, though, you
are good for Usenet because entertainment (with a share of amusement
and enlightenment) is what I come here looking for in the first
place... er, just go easy on me or I won't say anymore nice things
about you.

Old July 23rd 13, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

wrote:

And worse than that - the 9 year old boy is left fatherless.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...l-8713187.html

Who was it actually riding the bike?

Apparently the emergency service personnel all ride bicycles.