Tom Sharpe

Old August 4th 20, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Tom Sharpe

I bought some books by this author about 35 years ago and I am going
through them again. His view of the entrenched ideas of government
officials, representatives of the legal system and lefty acedemics is
quite hilarious. He observed many of the so-called "woke" ideas that
seem to have sprung to the forefront recently.

The basic plot is that these characters are sexually inadequate misfits
that persist in pushing forward on the basis that if (a) therefore (b).
And that they can brush aside opposition because it's "the law". Clearly
ridiculous but...

....strangely it does put me in mind of someone here.
Old August 4th 20, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

Default [OT] Tom Sharpe

On 09:52 4 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

I bought some books by this author about 35 years ago and I am going
through them again. His view of the entrenched ideas of government
officials, representatives of the legal system and lefty acedemics is
quite hilarious. He observed many of the so-called "woke" ideas that
seem to have sprung to the forefront recently.

The basic plot is that these characters are sexually inadequate misfits
that persist in pushing forward on the basis that if (a) therefore (b).
And that they can brush aside opposition because it's "the law". Clearly
ridiculous but...

...strangely it does put me in mind of someone here.

What does this have to do with UK cycling? Have you considered using "OT"?
Old August 4th 20, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

Default Tom Sharpe (Not at all OT)

On 04/08/2020 13:02, Pamela wrote:
On 09:52 4 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

I bought some books by this author about 35 years ago and I am going
through them again. His view of the entrenched ideas of government
officials, representatives of the legal system and lefty acedemics is
quite hilarious. He observed many of the so-called "woke" ideas that
seem to have sprung to the forefront recently.

The basic plot is that these characters are sexually inadequate misfits
that persist in pushing forward on the basis that if (a) therefore (b).
And that they can brush aside opposition because it's "the law". Clearly
ridiculous but...

...strangely it does put me in mind of someone here.

What does this have to do with UK cycling? Have you considered using "OT"?

Tom Sharpe was a cyclist!
Old August 4th 20, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/08/2020 13:02, Pamela wrote:
On 09:52 4 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

I bought some books by this author about 35 years ago and I am
going through them again. His view of the entrenched ideas of
government officials, representatives of the legal system and lefty
acedemics is quite hilarious. He observed many of the so-called
"woke" ideas that seem to have sprung to the forefront recently.

The basic plot is that these characters are sexually inadequate
misfits that persist in pushing forward on the basis that if (a)
therefore (b). And that they can brush aside opposition because
it's "the law". Clearly ridiculous but...

...strangely it does put me in mind of someone here.

What does this have to do with UK cycling? Have you considered using
"OT"?

There are several regular posters here. If there are more negative
comments, perhaps your suggestion can be considered.

Old August 4th 20, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/08/2020 14:07, colwyn wrote:
On 04/08/2020 13:02, Pamela wrote:
On 09:52 4 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

I bought some books by this author about 35 years ago and I am
going through them again. His view of the entrenched ideas of
government officials, representatives of the legal system and
lefty acedemics is quite hilarious. He observed many of the
so-called "woke" ideas that seem to have sprung to the forefront
recently.

The basic plot is that these characters are sexually inadequate
misfits that persist in pushing forward on the basis that if (a)
therefore (b). And that they can brush aside opposition because
it's "the law". Clearly ridiculous but...

...strangely it does put me in mind of someone here.

What does this have to do with UK cycling? Have you considered
using "OT"?

Tom Sharpe was a cyclist!

Useful. I did not know this though he does have characters that cycle.
Perhaps there is also a clue in that they don't follow the stereotype of
falling off every time there is a leaf on the road.
Old August 4th 20, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pamela

On 14:07 4 Aug 2020, colwyn said:

On 04/08/2020 13:02, Pamela wrote:
On 09:52 4 Aug 2020, TMS320 said:

I bought some books by this author about 35 years ago and I am going
through them again. His view of the entrenched ideas of government
officials, representatives of the legal system and lefty acedemics is
quite hilarious. He observed many of the so-called "woke" ideas that
seem to have sprung to the forefront recently.

The basic plot is that these characters are sexually inadequate
misfits that persist in pushing forward on the basis that if (a)
therefore (b). And that they can brush aside opposition because it's
"the law". Clearly ridiculous but...

...strangely it does put me in mind of someone here.

What does this have to do with UK cycling? Have you considered using
"OT"?

Tom Sharpe was a cyclist!

Allegedly but with no proof.
Old August 4th 20, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
colwyn[_2_]

On 04/08/2020 17:53, Pamela wrote:
[...]

Proof you want?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...4QMygGegQIARAk