What doctors/researchers think about wearing a helmet.

Old November 26th 04, 12:51 PM
Peter Clinch

Pete Bentley wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Troll.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.....

I think he means it to mean something like "You can't confuse me with
facts because my mind is made up! La la la I can't hear you!".

He did start off very well, saying all you need to do is research.
Unfortunately he thinks a bit of selective summary reading is the same
as "research".

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old November 26th 04, 12:55 PM
Dave Larrington

LSMike wrote:
LMAO, I was here first. You really are immune to logic, aren't you?

Tr, er, not immune to killfiling though. He's almost as upminster as Mike
Corley.

World Domination?
Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

Old November 26th 04, 01:29 PM
John Doe

Troll.

Old November 26th 04, 01:41 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

John Doe typed

But a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

In the clearing stands a boxer
and a fighter by his trade
and he carries the reminders
of every blow that cut him
or laid him down till he cried out
in his anger and his shame

I AM LEAVING I AM LEAVING

but the fighter still remains...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 26th 04, 01:43 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

Peter Clinch typed

Skating is popular: pop down to A&E and ask how many serious breaks they
see from it.

Quite a few IME...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 26th 04, 01:48 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

"Dave Larrington" typed

He's almost as upminster as Mike Corley.

Is upminster close to barking? I don't know East London...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old November 26th 04, 02:24 PM
Dave Kahn

John Doe wrote in message ...

That suggests you are not a skater, or maybe you are a rink skater.
I am quite sure that in-line skating in the concrete jungle
is very risky, significantly more risky than cycling.

As you yourself confirm, cycling is not particularly dangerous. Less
dangerous, for example, than skating. Glad you agree.

--
Dave...
Old November 26th 04, 02:37 PM
Dave Kahn

David Martin wrote in message ...
On 26/11/04 8:12 am, in article ,
"John Doe" wrote:

But a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

This is funny. You do realise that the journal referred to published the
critique of the paper written by the person you are replying to?

It's not funny. In the current climate helmet compulsion and even
aggressive helmet promotion have the potential to inflict serious
damage on cycling, road safety and public health.

--
Dave...
Old November 26th 04, 02:42 PM
Dave Kahn