Question: Quality of Campagnolo Mirage components.

Old September 27th 20, 04:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ivars Ulinskis

Default Question: Quality of Campagnolo Mirage components.

piektdiena, 1999. gada 19. februāris 09:00:00 UTC+1 Rick Denney rakstīja:
On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:13:04 -0800, "zracerx"
wrote:
Rick --if this bike is for you I would say wait. The rest of your bikes are
of a much higher grade, and when out on a tour you may regret not having
something as good as your "race bikes" underneath you. ---Fred Paulos

I generally agree, which is the reason my commuter is all Racing
Triple mixed with Veloce. But the shifters are Mirage, because they
were really, really cheap. Unlike many commuters around here, I'm a
fair-weather commuter, and 90% of my 14-mile commute is on a protected
trail that is an old railroad alignment and is thus devoid of steep
hills. Not much shifting. The other Mirage Ergo, ah, set is on my
travel bike, which gets used less than 500 miles a year. But, boy,
those 500 miles have include some really wonderful rides!
No, they are not as crisp as the Chorus shifters on the Merckx, but
they work reliably enough. One of these days a deal will appear on
some old-stock Chorus or Athena shifters, and I'll grab 'em. That's
how I got a new Racing Triple crank, for which I paid $70.
Rick "It's all 'old' 8-speed stuff, too" Denney

Reading this in year 2020.
Old September 27th 20, 07:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Earls61[_2_]

Well, I like my 2018 Centaur group, If that’s relevant.
Old September 27th 20, 06:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/27/2020 1:38 AM, Earls61 wrote:
Well, I like my 2018 Centaur group, If that’s relevant.

Mirage was discontinued log ago. Current ranges:
Super Record
Record
Chorus
Centaur

All of which work very well, the top end series being
lighter in weight. There are disc, electronic (and a new
13x1 set) options of course, but the best answer to your
question is 'another Centaur'.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old September 27th 20, 07:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Sunday, September 27, 2020 at 10:51:30 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/27/2020 1:38 AM, Earls61 wrote:
Well, I like my 2018 Centaur group, If that’s relevant.

Mirage was discontinued log ago. Current ranges:
Super Record
Record
Chorus
Centaur

All of which work very well, the top end series being
lighter in weight. There are disc, electronic (and a new
13x1 set) options of course, but the best answer to your
question is 'another Centaur'.

I think I just saw a new Campy Ekar mechanical gravel group that is 1 x 14 speed. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. All Campy groups only have disks.
Old September 27th 20, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 9/27/2020 1:03 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, September 27, 2020 at 10:51:30 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 9/27/2020 1:38 AM, Earls61 wrote:
Well, I like my 2018 Centaur group, If that’s relevant.

Mirage was discontinued log ago. Current ranges:
Super Record
Record
Chorus
Centaur

All of which work very well, the top end series being
lighter in weight. There are disc, electronic (and a new
13x1 set) options of course, but the best answer to your
question is 'another Centaur'.

I think I just saw a new Campy Ekar mechanical gravel group that is 1 x 14 speed. This is getting absolutely ridiculous. All Campy groups only have disks.

Ekar is 1x13.
All the road sets have caliper and disc variants, rider's
choice.

https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Mec...s/ekar/gravel2