Near Miss of the Day 371: Builder's truck driver in illegal rightturn across cyclist's path

Old September 23rd 20, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Near Miss of the Day 371: Builder's truck driver in illegal rightturn across cyclist's path

QUOTE:
The latest video in our Near Miss of the Day series shows the driver of a builder’s lorry ignoring emergency infrastructure introduced due to the coronavirus pandemic – and almost hitting a cyclist in the process.

It was filmed by road.cc reader David, who said he was “using the new COVID infrastructure in Bristol, where the northern end of Baldwin Street has been closed to everything apart from buses, taxis, motorcycles and bikes.

“I was cycling along St Augustine’s Parade opposite the Hippodrome, I had the lane to myself and was preparing to turn right onto Baldwin Street.

“The driver of a builder’s van decided at the last minute that he was going to join me without indicating and almost took me out.

“Some swearing was invoked and the driver realised that he was making an illegal turn.”

David added: “I have submitted the video to Avon & Somerset Police but I’ve yet to hear back from them.

https://road.cc/content/news/near-mi...ht-turn-277465