Do *You* Hate Motorists? Take The Test

Old May 6th 09, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

Default Do *You* Hate Motorists? Take The Test

"Mark" wrote in message

The last time no reason was given for the opposition to road closure
IIRC. We were told that if we proceeded to ask for this the local
council would oppose *all* our other proposals too. However this was
a long time ago and all those councillors are long gone.

So if you dare ask for one thing, all *other* propasals will be declined.
That is so patheticly ridiculous that anyone faced with the predicament
should take the challenge. I would.

There is a big difference between informing parents and writing generic
"hand-out" style letters to parents. Personally I find that if you
approach
somone who is illegally parked and say something like "Excuse me, sorry to
trouble you, but don't parking restictions apply to you? There is a school
here, and these marking which say "keep clear" in big yellow letters
actually mean that you are not supposed to park here because it is
dangerous". That usually does the trick!

We just need to find people who are willing and able to do this. I
think I am about the only person who would be prepared to do this! And
I am not there all the time.

At least there is *one* person. I don't think you can really expect anyone
to patrol in such a way unless they have the authority and wear a uniform.
The problem *can* be reduced singlehandedly quite dramatically, but
unfortunately you have to take a lot of **** in the meanwhile. From
experience this means verbal abuse (from most), threats of violence (even
death), I also had one woman threaten that my child would come to harm. Just
remember the phrase "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do
nothing".

Goody good good good. But you also need to go for the jugular as well, and
that means tackling Mr or Mrs F*c*wit-Scumbag and point this out to them
too. You can have all the police support, traffic calming, children
nagging,
safety campaigns and posters you like but you also have to deal with the
root of the problem too and that means you need to speak to the people who
are the problem.

The PCSOs tell me that some pavement parkers actually drive at them
when they are trying to advise them not to park there!

I have seen it. The funny thing is that people seem to be less bothered
about being tackled by a PCSO than they are a member of the public who looks
a bit ****ed off - I wonder why that is?...

Chapman's OWN Web Page: "I Hate Motorists" Chapman Is A Liar UK 15 October 22nd 08 04:29 AM
I Still Hate Motorists, Even Though I've Just Changed My Site To Attempt To Cover It Up Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_] UK 7 October 19th 08 11:32 PM
I Hate Motorists _[_4_] UK 4 October 10th 08 06:57 PM
Testosterone test: isotope test gabriel faure Racing 66 August 3rd 06 09:15 PM
Motorists will even hate us more now Peter Wilson Australia 8 August 5th 05 03:17 AM