To get the NIMBUS 36" or the UDC 36" --- ???

Old December 7th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Default To get the NIMBUS 36" or the UDC 36" --- ???

I've decided I am going to buy a Coker farily soon. I am all about
speeding and cruising. I want a coker that feels pretty good and not
jerky, and so I can SPEED!

The Nimbus Nightrider is $850 and the UDC 36" is $475. I'm heading
towards the UDC 36 because it is a money saver and I don't see any
problem with it. If I just chucked on a handle for the UDC 36" it may
just be as good as the Nimbus, rite? (Excluding the Nightrider tyre)

And another thing, do you "Cokerers" travel to and from towns on your
coker instead of using a car?

--
Unisykolist

Perfected...360 Unispins - Hop up 3 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
-Style of riding:- Street and Trials
Old December 7th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
dangerdog

I got the UDC 36er a few months ago.What got delivered was much better
than what is listed on the web site. It was spec'd on the aus website
then the same as it is now,this is incorrect.Check the spec on the
british udc site because that is correct.The main difference is the rim
is alloy nimbus stealth and comes with nightrider tyre.The UDC 36 is
basically the same as the nightrider but different frame,no
handle,crappier pedals.For me UDC 36 plus $30 dx pedals,home made
handlebar and old caliper brake =

Uk pagehttp://tinyurl.com/6edz6u

--
dangerdog

once I was young and stupid....that was some time ago
Old December 7th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

I would really get 125mm cranks instead of 150s the first time. I did
and they are so much better.

--
surfer1024

*)--SmallSpin-'O,* 1st Place)---hickflip-'O,

Latest Vid: 'Man's Best Friend'
#f5f5f5
Old December 7th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
OneWheelLess

dangerdog;1144676 wrote:
I got the UDC 36er a few months ago.What got delivered was much better
than what is listed on the web site. It was spec'd on the aus website
then the same as it is now,this is incorrect.Check the spec on the
british udc site because that is correct.The main difference is the rim
is alloy nimbus stealth and comes with nightrider tyre.The UDC 36 is
basically the same as the nightrider but different frame,no
handle,crappier pedals.For me UDC 36 plus $30 dx pedals,home made
handlebar and old caliper brake =

Uk pagehttp://tinyurl.com/6edz6u

nice! it appears that it is the unicycle we know in the us as the
nimbus titan! in that case it seems like it would be an exellent choice
for you!
i'd go for it, Unisykolist.
-austin

--
OneWheelLess

Seriously, the other wheel just fell off one day.
Old December 7th 08, 05:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
boisei

UDC 36r is a nice unicycle. I started on one back when it had the steel
rim. With the alloy rim now it's a great uni. I have a purple Nimbus
frame now, but mainly because I upgraded to the newer alloy rim and
Nightrider tire and decided to just build up a second 36r. I've since
sold the original UDC 36r but I would probably still have it if it came
with the alloy rim to begin with!

--
boisei